6 Gallon Glass Carboy for $30 + Free Shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, just picked up one too. Had an Amazon gift card sitting around so it only "cost" me $5!

I have bought two of these and am currently fermenting in both.

When you get your make sure you measure out a gallon at a time and mark it on the side with permanent marker.

I forgot to mark mine, can someone post there measurements? Thanks

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered one. I hope I can get my next batch started soon. I'm hoping to convince my brother to let me do it at his house so we have a LOT more space to work. Plus, his porch would be a great place to work too, since some folks hate the smell of beer cooking (heathens...).

I might have to pick one up... I've been getting 7.5 gallon glass carboys from ebay, they are nice for vigorously fermenting 6 gallon batches

Looks like if your in PA you get it next day! Just checked the shipping and it will be here tomorrow. Now that is service!!

I picked one up a month ago after a tip on here. Shipped fast, good quality, and my yeast seemed to like it.

Mine was on my step (Indianapolis, if it matters) this afternoon. Dang, that's some quick service. I like the tone tapping on it, too.

So is this an ongoing deal? Not quite sure if I want to jump on this yet - I'm waiting on a possible deal for a used 5 gallon for $15 from husband's co-worker (he needs to check and confirm it's really a 5 gallon). It would be nice to do 3 batches at once (I have 1-6.5 gallon, 1-6 gallon and 2-5 gallons). Hmmm

WhineinAlbany said:
So is this an ongoing deal? Not quite sure if I want to jump on this yet - I'm waiting on a possible deal for a used 5 gallon for $15 from husband's co-worker (he needs to check and confirm it's really a 5 gallon). It would be nice to do 3 batches at once (I have 1-6.5 gallon, 1-6 gallon and 2-5 gallons). Hmmm

I think it's a reoccurring deal. I've seen the price go up and down since I bought one and found older threads on here discussing similar or better deals

Yes, actually just searched for it and it was $23 back in February. I think I'll wait this out since I'm not in a hurry.

Argh I just ordered a 6.5 gal from AHS two weeks ago. But on the up side, I have my Irish red done sooner that's in there now. It was my easter brew.

Amazon must have ran out already. It's being sold by one of their third party companies with shipping costs. I guess word got out fast.

Sorry guys, I think I got the last (2) available on that deal today. I actually was gonna buy (4), but it said two available when I jumped on it. This is a regular, although not often, deal.

Latest posts

Back