What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I poured my last Terrapin Wake and Bake, set it on the coaster, and my daughter promptly knocked it in the floor. I only got one sip. A tear came to my eye as I soaked up the mess. I am now paying my respects with some Apfelwein.

I poured my last Terrapin Wake and Bake, set it on the coaster, and my daughter promptly knocked it in the floor. I only got one sip. A tear came to my eye as I soaked up the mess. I am now paying my respects with some Apfelwein.

Wait, so it isn't acceptable to lick the floor?

xMalachi said:
Wait, so it isn't acceptable to lick the floor?

Exactly. But are we talking about carpet or a hard surface? Oh, who am I kidding? I'd probably drink it off of either. :p

RauelDuke said:

image-2558911622.jpg

In honor of your fallen W-N-B. sad to see such a great beer go to waste.

A growler of Sidamo Coffee Stout - Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26753/88688/

hp.jpg

OMG.. I LOVE LOVE THIS Beer !!! (BTW I am at the end of the growler and its a 9 point beer ;) )

I COULD go to Hardywood and pick up a few 22 oz when I go to fill all the growlers I own.. if anyone wants some.. There isn't a whole lot left. Did I mention if you love RIS, and love a RIS coffee stout.. then this is the best.

Of course Saturday they will be releasing another RIS that they call Chocolate Heat.. (Some Habanero chili's and Chocolate.. ) I just simply can not wait for it to come out..

BTW decided I am just going to Hardywood every other day for a 1L growler.. I figure in a bit over a month I will have enough to bottle a whole batch with :)

Considering the growler is only $5 I am saving money drinking beer.

InityBrew said:
That pic is glorious.

I am drinking my Mosaic / galaxy/ Nelson DIPA while I watch the flyers. Great combo. Highly recommended

I don't have any mosaic, but I am going to brew a galaxy/Nelson wheat IPA this weekend.

That is an awesome pic nuke

Rumor has it that Hardywood Parks' next beer is the Sidamo Coffee Stout aged in Bourbon Barrells..

Just saying..

I cant get that brewery where i am but i'll love to try some if i can get my hands on it. I'll also like to get another growler. Growlers are starting to pop up around where i live

I cant get that brewery where i am but i'll love to try some if i can get my hands on it. I'll also like to get another growler. Growlers are starting to pop up around where i live

If you have PayPal and $16 for a 32oz (and shipping)

Give me a PM.. I would be willing to ship you or anyone else a yeast sample.. :mug:

They are a small craft brewer in central VA but have extensive distribution in the area in Kegs to craft Beer resturants and sell the 22 ozs in the region. But its a small region.

Now that all said.. they have a RIS with chocolate and chili peppers coming out and I could send 2.. :) I can't imagine it will eb bad since the current Coffee Stout is also their RIS recipe.

Is it me or is this starting to feel like tape swapping for local bands back in the 80s-90s.. ??

BTW ran out.. (err.....) now on a Young's Double Chocolate Stout..

youngs-double-chocolate-stout.jpg

Even after a 32 OZ growler of the Hardywood.. I can tell you this isn't near as good as the Hardywood.. not even close. I do not care what Beer Advocate says on this.. don't think there is enough sample of Hardywood to compare... I think if you gave the entire Beer community access to Hardywood.. they would give it a 100.

If you have PayPal and $16 for a 32oz (and shipping)

Give me a PM.. I would be willing to ship you or anyone else a yeast sample.. :mug:

They are a small craft brewer in central VA but have extensive distribution in the area in Kegs to craft Beer resturants and sell the 22 ozs in the region. But its a small region.

Now that all said.. they have a RIS with chocolate and chili peppers coming out and I could send 2.. :) I can't imagine it will eb bad since the current Coffee Stout is also their RIS recipe.

Is it me or is this starting to feel like tape swapping for local bands back in the 80s-90s.. ??

I can always send you some local favorites to make up for the beer your sending me. I'll let you know whats up. Never can have too many growlers

Squatter's Hop Rising DIPA at Battista's Hole In The Wall in Las Vegas. Mildly hoppy, amber, a little cloudy, with a sharp bite and long finish.

I would like to report that my most recent brew, a single malt, dual hop (Maris Otter, Centennial, and Australian Galaxy, IIRC, with Safale 04), was good, but it wasn't. It had plastic overtones. One sip in, and I knew it was bad news. Second sip, and it was down the drain, along with the others.

If it weren't for that, it would have been a little like my first beer, only slightly better. There weren't...thingies...in this batch, and it carbonated properly, in that opening the bottle didn't send beer on to the ceiling.

I am now two for six, and my rice wine isn't looking promising.

This weekend cannot come fast enough.

As long as its smooth and black I'm game..

As they say once you have gone black you can't go back.. :mug:

I'll look around and see if I can find some if not we will work something out.

Though I did go black and I went back. Guess that saying does not work in all cases lol

j1laskey said:
Berkshire Brewing Company's Raspberry Barleywine

I'd buy jt again.

Awesome I've had almost every BBC style. And tons of certain styles. Before I saw this one I thought I had them all. Where did you pick it up? BBC is an awesome brewery. Heading to MA soon so ill def have my eyes peeled for this one.

Dave37 said:
Awesome I've had almost every BBC style. And tons of certain styles. Before I saw this one I thought I had them all. Where did you pick it up? BBC is an awesome brewery. Heading to MA soon so ill def have my eyes peeled for this one.

Love BBC! Consistently good beer. I picked this up at Redstone Liquors in Stoneham. Lucky for me my local pub down the street has BBC Cabin Fever on tap

j1laskey said:
Love BBC! Consistently good beer. I picked this up at Redstone Liquors in Stoneham. Lucky for me my local pub down the street has BBC Cabin Fever on tap

My bro and cousins are located in north field there are a few pubs in greenfield with bbc on tap. They've both taken the tour at bbc I'm looking forward to it soon. Don't see too many posts or ppl talking about them on here. Nice

Cheers

Dave

My "Black Crow IPA", a Black IPA, a tribute beer to Greg Noonan of the Vermont Pub and Brewery, the inventer of the black IPA style.

Back