What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
public announcement: I'm gonna double fist crush NUZZLE. first it the right berry, then in the left berry, and time permitting in the middle berry. it's gonna be a fast paced vice of doom. that is all.

I'm confused, does that mean you're taking him to Vermont to punch him?

Pliny attempt-sort of. Some condensation/grainy pic- and more of a golden/light copper(like it shouldnt be) but its damn clear now. Didnt exactly nail it,pretty far from it but thats what happens when you dont exactly follow the recipe . Still a very good ipa,somewhat aged now and losing most of the aroma. Great tasting ipa though- but I like my current kegged ipa I conjured up way better. Now that I cleared all the hop debrie out of the keg from multiple stuck dip tube issues and can finally pour a normal pour.I found a cheap fish-skimmer thing and fished out most/all the hop leafs. My ******* dryhopped loose leaf in the keg(noobie). Super murky but that beer was not meant for looks,I think its even more hop infused than the Pliny recipe I did. Either I had fresher hops or just like the choice of hops I used. Ive come to find that alot of the hops Ive used are pretty unstable or unpredictable. Ive gotten some pretty skanky hops from my local lhbs. Its hit or miss with them. I think I started loosing a little respect when I bought a bottle bucket and she started throwing all my supplies in the bucket.I was just thinking "scratch" oop,theres goes potentially another scratch.

0526032047.jpg

definitley my new addiction and new favorite IPA. And on to a Marble IPA after this. keeping it in the four corners tonight!

IMG_0446.jpg

Out of the land of Sam Adams ... finally!

View attachment 124616

You like that one? I just picked up a fourpack of it recently the other day and quick chilled one and was disapointed. I guess after having the Alchemy? I belive its called, that may have raised the bar. I do remeber having one of them a year or two ago and thinking it was ok. Who knows could just be the year, I just had a SN Southern Hemi-Harvest this year and its the first year I thought it was cloyingly sweet and I really loved that beer before. Guess that happens sometimes.

A sampling of my Belgian Tripel I used Abby ale yeast (1214 if I remember right) and it cleared up really nicely. Fg lower than I expected at 1.006 but tastes great.

ForumRunner_20130526_204102.png

Swarley88 said:
God did I love this, almost as much as the DIPA, but damn did the BPA kick some ass.

Glad you liked it man! I'll have to send you some more homebrew sometime.
If you ever receive a tracking # in a PM out of the blue some day, don't be surprised. ;)

My Ankle-biter session IPA. Hop aroma is fading, but the flavor is still great for 4.5%. Better have another!

drainbamage said:
DFH Sixty-One. I'm not really sure what to think.

Let me help you... You want to like it because it was expensive, but it's sort of heavy, sweet and weird tasting. You won't be buying it again ;)

Dammit they were sold out of the Row 2 by the time I got by RR tonight! They were just a bit busy. Probably over their maximum occupancy Hu about double, barely room to stand. Out of the Pliny too. I got a growler filled with Segal Pale Ale, never had it before, it's a one off I'm pretty sure. Also, this picture gives you a slight idea of how tall I am ;)

image-512915384.jpg

I really need to pick up some more kegs..... I'm drinking my Smokehaus brown ale and do t get me wrong it's a great beer but I'm mostly drinking this non stop to make room for my bitter.

1/2 pint of Hop stoopid after a rampant. Im feeling the love.:drunk:Celebrating gettin paid to not work tomarrow,I guess. :mug: Cheers to beers. Got some Bruce Almighty Im watching in the back of my head right now too.Its guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud.not really. Have I metioned I love beer? I love it more than movies,and have been neglecting movies for a long ass time. Maybe cuz most of them suck nowadays? Forgetaboutit.

Ramble:

bottlebomber said:
Let me help you... You want to like it because it was expensive, but it's sort of heavy, sweet and weird tasting. You won't be buying it again ;)

Dammit they were sold out of the Row 2 by the time I got by RR tonight! They were just a bit busy. Probably over their maximum occupancy Hu about double, barely room to stand. Out of the Pliny too. I got a growler filled with Segal Pale Ale, never had it before, it's a one off I'm pretty sure. Also, this picture gives you a slight idea of how tall I am ;)

Were you sitting on your wife's shoulders? ;)
Later this year when I'm ready to trade again, we're going to have a talk about Russian River. :D

Great beer! Probably my last one tonight. I actually have to work tomorrow. I don't know what these so called "holidays" are that allow people to take a day off work. ;)

image-2167394923.jpg

WesleyS said:
Were you sitting on your wife's shoulders? ;)
Later this year when I'm ready to trade again, we're going to have a talk about Russian River. :D

No prob homes.

I'm having this now, it's really damn good, one of the better east coast IIPAs I've had.

image-3590255954.jpg

bottlebomber said:
No prob homes.

I'm having this now, it's really damn good, one of the better east coast IIPAs I've had.

That's a good IIPA.
I'm definitely a bigger fan of west coast IPAs, but I do like some Resin.

Split a 4 year old mammoth brewing company bomber of charleywine...it aged pretty well, and delicious!
Igotsand

Do you guys like it in cans or bottles better? I see a lot of cans on here. I have heard that bottles are better and I have to agree. Just a thought.

nukebrewer said:
This a great one, a hoppy wheat from xMalachi trade. Man, I really love the aroma combo of wheat and citrusy hops and the flavor is just a good. Thanks for sharing, man!

Glad you liked that one. I had it for the first time this year and was quite impressed. I saw you had the Schlafly Session IPA as well. I'd say I prefer that to their AIPA. It runs about 6.99 - 7.99 a six pack so the price is great as well. We will have to trade again when they release the TIPA which is their best IPA in my opinion. XIPA comes out soon which is their English IPA. Nonetheless, I didn't even ship you any Perennial stuff so we will work out another in the future! :)

Latest posts

Back