BrewCipher

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikeMan

It ain't all burritos and strippers, my friend.
Reaction score
I don't post a lot in HBT, but thought someone might get some use out of this. It's a fairly robust brewing spreadsheet I've been developing for a while now, and it has some features not found in other free software or even commercial software. Enjoy.

BrewCipher V3.0 Features...
- Predicts attenuation based not only on yeast strain, but also on mash conditions and grain bill composition
- Understands that simple sugars are 100% fermentable, and that they are not subject to mash efficiency or yeast strain factors
- Understands that some gravity contributors are not fermentable at all
- Accounts explicitly for wort and water losses, and adjusts total water (and related calculations) accordingly
- Uses a correct Tinseth formula with Avg Boil Gravity in the 'bigness' factor rather than the pre-boil OG (which is both popular and wrong)
- Incorporates optional Modified Tinseth Formula…
- Limits IBUs to 110 (solubility limit)
- Splices new utilization curve to Tinseth utilization curve above 65 IBUs, to more closely agree with actual vs theoretical IBUs measured
- Adds bitterness contributions for post boil hop additions, modeled and extrapolated from the work of Mark G. Malowicki​​
- Single infusion batches with single batch sparge, or mashout and lauter
- Wort Oxygenation Recommendations
- Lagering Days Recommendations
- Highlights any Gravities, ABVs, IBUs, and SRMs that are not within BJCP style guidleines
- Computes Diastatic Power for the Mash, and warns when the grist's DP is marginal or poor
- Scales Grain Bill to any desired Original Gravity
- Calculates Mash pH and results of Brewing Salt Additions
- Predicts Mash Efficiency based on known Efficiency and change in grain weight and/or sparge to no-sparge or vice versa
- Automatically computes Yeast Starter Volumes, including stepped starters

BrewCipher 3.0

https://drive.google.com/folderview...jMC00YmM5LTgzN2UtYmNhYzk0ZTg0YWNm&usp=sharing

Very much a fan of the BrewCipher software, I've using 4.23 now. Would it be possible to have added a field that displays the brewhouse efficiency in the next version?

Back