Can I salvage this???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akthor

Reaction score
So back at the end of the summer I made a 10 gallon batch of Pale Ale. 30 days in primary then I kegged it.

Problem is I filled one 5 gal corny then I went to fill the 2nd corny and maybe got it 1/4 full and trub started coming out. In a panic I look in the fermenter and THERE'S NO MORE BEER LEFT!

Yes somehow I when dumping the 10 gallons of water into the boil kettle I only dumped 7 gallons or so it seems???? Don't ask me how I made such a huge mistake????

So put the full keg in the kegerator and set the 1/4 keg aside. After 2 weeks on the gas I checked it. BLEH! Gross, super strong, and too hoppy for the style and green tasting. So I took it off the gas to make room for something else and set it aside hoping aging it may help it. After a month and a half I put it back in the kegerator and wait a couple days and give it a try. Still to me undrinkable, one friend said it tasted like a really strong IPA (and not in a good way).

So what if anything can I do to save this? I have like $50 - $60 worth of ingredients in this and all the time and I really really don't want to dump it.

Can I put it in the kettle add the missing water and bring it to a boil then re-keg it?

Open to any ideas???

Personally, I would let it age for about 4-6 months and try it again before I tossed it. It's always hard tossing a beer, but sometimes it happens. I spent $120 on a reese's stout that ended up getting infected.

Dump enough boiled H20 in it to bring it up to the 5 Gal level, let it sit a month and give it a try....what's there to loose:eek:

Latest posts

Back