What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Citrus wine? Hmm.

Hitting the water hard right now. Will hit the beer in a little while. Hope I can make it to the fridge. It's widowmaker squat day. :ban:

The Skeeter Pee is really just a backsweetened lemon wine and I made a tangelo version too. I will be making a ruby red grapefruit wine in a few weeks when the grapefruits here are ready for picking. It's cheap to make and it's tasty.

Don't doubt that. It didn't ship to Arizona until this week so hopefully will be on the shelves by weeks end. Probably not till next week though.

My distributor friends tell me they have it already and are waiting to release it :mad:
I personally didn't really think it was that great last year in bottles, but on draft it was incredible...

The Skeeter Pee is really just a backsweetened lemon wine and I made a tangelo version too. I will be making a ruby red grapefruit wine in a few weeks when the grapefruits here are ready for picking. It's cheap to make and it's tasty.
I've made one batch of skeeter pee. I need to make another one. It's really good when back sweetened with lemonade concentrate.
Tangelo and grapefruit versions sound good. I might have to try that.

I will someday make Skeeter Pee. Hope it's not as bad as Dragon's Pee or Buffalo Pee.

Drinking two more waters to wash down the pound of chicken I just devoured.

Going to get sloppy tonight. Taking my boss' boss out to an expensive place as he is visiting from London.

tumblr_mc3zctVOZl1r3gb3zo2_400.gif

I'd give anything to have some of the 3 dragons milk variants or whatever they are.

Ones a 2011 aged in different barrel and i think vanilla. ( not bourbon), ones done with dark chocolate and ones done with roasted chilies. I wish they were bottled so I could trade with em!

I've made one batch of skeeter pee. I need to make another one. It's really good when back sweetened with lemonade concentrate.
Tangelo and grapefruit versions sound good. I might have to try that.

The tangelo version was good, but I preferred the original and so has everyone else that has had them. If you can make it with fresh squeezed juice instead of what you buy at the store it is so much better... The first batch I made I used 1 gallon of actual juice plus 5 gallons of water to yeild just over 5gal finished after losses. Before back sweetening it would turn your face inside out :pipe:

Just polished off the pot o' coffee

Spontaneously fermented cider. The more of this I drink, the more I like it. I'd really like to plant some cider apple trees eventually.

HB Dry Stout that I bottled in mid-December. Poured up nicely, but head dissipated pretty quickly. Nice bitterness, a little malt, but not sweet. Could be a little smoother...and can I get a better head on a bottled stout? Need to research a little more on head retention. Still...I'm drinking!

DryStout.jpg

Port Brewing Santa's Little Helper.
I dumped a gallon batch of cider that has been fermenting for 2 months. OG was 1.104 and FG was 1.004. It tasted hot last month but now it smelled and tasted a little like vomit. I dumped it.

Having a second hb pale ale after a nightmare at the post office. Shipping my bro a kit of my white ipa recipe and the box said "beer" on it since it was an old box from a kit I had laying around, so naturally it couldn't be shipped. :mad: had to come home and make the box inside out, then repackaged only to realize I left the instructions out of it! Then I found out it was $35 to ship it... :what:

Having a second hb pale ale after a nightmare at the post office. Shipping my bro a kit of my white ipa recipe and the box said "beer" on it since it was an old box from a kit I had laying around, so naturally it couldn't be shipped. :mad: had to come home and make the box inside out, then repackaged only to realize I left the instructions out of it! Then I found out it was $35 to ship it... :what:

quit trying to be a good guy. it'll always cost at least $35.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Damn you lol. On the upside just scored some Gnight on clearance at a tiny grocery store.$7 -4 pk. Got 2

Nice! Ive been wanting to try this. I see it everytime i go to a shop but i aint payin $18 for a 4 pk of an IPA! Crazy prices in NYC!! :mad:

Drinking a little pre-workout energy drink after getting all of dinner prepped. A long day for everyone. SWMBO's father went under the knife at 6 am this morning to pre emptively cut out some bad stuff before it turns into the big C.

Thank God they caught it so early. Everything went smooth so I came home to get everything prepped for SWMBO and my mother in law who are most likely starving.

Gotta go squeeze this lift in before they get back. Enjoy the brews boys and girls.

A long but fortunate day. A brew will be in order soon. :D

Drank a bunch if Port City Brewing tonight. Standout was their Maniacal DIPA and Suspicious Package Series Smoked Porter. Dan kindly posed for the picture.

1389832093815.jpg

Back