The neverending keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chemiker

Reaction score
Ever noticed how deep a keg you want to die is? I had a lull in brewing a while back, so had to order a commercial keg to fill the gap and now it won't die!! I have two kegs of my homebrew ready to go now, but this Sierra Nevada keg I'm trying to drain just won't kick. And it's only a 5 gallon keg! Grrrrr

How can I attain one of these never ending kegs?

Apparently you just have to buy one LOL. It's happened to me before when I brew a beer that I'm not that thrilled with, but am looking forward to the next one in the queue. Dang I need a dual tap!

I had a Hanukkah keg myself, several years ago. It was an OK ESB but it NEVER ran out. Never. It just kept going and going and going. I kept thinking it would end, but it never did.

Finally, after about 5 months or so, I just decided to dump it because I was sick of it. There was still about a gallon of it in there!

That is why I buy sixths and transfer them into one of my kegs instead. Fill that gap in the production line (still trying to get my keezer full, lol) without jacking up my system.

I actually have Sierra Nevada in one of my kegs right now. Probably a gallon or two left still. I switched over to my home brew though as soon as it got carbed up. :)

Just bottled the rest of the keg with the BMBF. Holy smokes that's easy! Beer gun deleted from Christmas list!!! Pics:

DSCF5606.jpg

DSCF5609.jpg

Thanks for the tip!

Latest posts

Back