Anyone add a ball lock disconnect to their CO2 manifold?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyb33

Reaction score
I want to add a ball lock post to my keezer's CO2 manifold inlet so that I can quickly disconnect my co2 tank and regulator. I have read that air line disconnects are not the way to go, and if I use the post and disconnect, I can use the tank to seal kegs outside the keezer. Anyone done this? I was thinking about using a firestone post with poppet for a valve, putting a barb fitting on that, and attaching it to my manifold barb with a short length of tubing, so I don't have to mess with the manifold. What do you think?

Any tubing used prior to a regulator will explode under pressure....trust me...just happened to me when turning the gas on my setup the first time. Total idiot moment in planning....

Any tubing used prior to a regulator will explode under pressure....trust me...just happened to me when turning the gas on my setup the first time. Total idiot moment in planning....

I think he means between his primary regulator and a distribution block type manifold.

I don't know why air QDs wouldn't be used. :confused:

to ArcticBear, i am almost positive the OP is talking about having this connection post regulator. For your situation they do make a high pressure hose to mount your regs away from the tank, but it is of course more expensive than run of the mill air line.

to the OP, no reason that wouldnt work, and its not a bad idea at all. I do use air tool disconnects on my manifold and have not had a leak.

bucfanmike said:
to ArcticBear, i am almost positive the OP is talking about having this connection post regulator. For your situation they do make a high pressure hose to mount your regs away from the tank, but it is of course more expensive than run of the mill air line.

to the OP, no reason that wouldnt work, and its not a bad idea at all. I do use air tool disconnects on my manifold and have not had a leak.

Do you know where online to get one of these? I was going to have one made locally but I'd like to see how much they are going for online before I go into a store and get ripped off. Thanks

Yes, this is post regulator. So I would have a hose with a QD attached to my regulator, and a ball lock post on my manifold. I was hoping someone had done it and have a part list.

Yes, this is post regulator. So I would have a hose with a QD attached to my regulator, and a ball lock post on my manifold. I was hoping someone had done it and have a part list.

Why not just use air compressor fittings they are much cheaper? You can just put in a ball valve and have the female side on the reg output so you don't vent all of your kegs when disconnecting/moving and you don't even have to shut the tank off. This has worked great for me for almost two years no leaks.

ahh my mistake, i get what you're saying now.

Why not just use air compressor fittings they are much cheaper? You can just put in a ball valve and have the female side on the reg output so you don't vent all of your kegs when disconnecting/moving and you don't even have to shut the tank off. This has worked great for me for almost two years no leaks.

i use the same and it works just fine. i used the "shark bite" PEX hose clamps and tightened those buggers down like crazy. had to use smaller than normal clamps on some of the gas lines for the barb connections because they were so small. a pain to get on the hose line but once you tighten if down, 0 leaks and a great fitment. not to mention a cleaner look than your average screw type hose clamps

Latest posts

Back