Whats your favorite food with a beer???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm.... ...I personally don't care for beer and pizza. I like to eat pizza with soda.

Fish and chips and beer!

+1 Peanuts - Salted in shell to start the taste buds, letting them know something better is on the way.

I like my beer pretty much on its own as I don't like to distract from the hop smell & taste combined with the malt flavors. Why drown that out with food. So beer before pizza (whatever else you like) and a beer after.

Commercial beers don't follow this rule as most of them can't compete with HB.

Anyone know of a good beer pairing for Spaghetti?? It's the only food I drink red wine with but would much prefer a beer with it!!

It is immoral to consume any of the following foods in the absence of beer:

1: Bratwurst
2: Wings
3: BBQ
4: Pizza
5: Fish and chips

It is also immoral to sail without beer. I often see boats going out, beer in hand for a 9:00am race start.:D

BrewOnBoard

steak, medium rare (or maybe just a touch more rare than that).
I think Pale ales, lagers, stouts go best with it, each one brings it's own flavors to the table.

1. two, double brats on sheboygan hard rolls, with gulden's mustard!!!

2. aged cheddar (usually 7yr)

3. nothing else comes close, so the rest is even!

and I hate beer and pizza, I usually eat too much pizza and the beer puts me over the limit of my stomach's carrying capacity. I then sit around and wish I ate less, so I could drink more.

It is immoral to consume any of the following foods in the absence of beer:

1: Bratwurst
2: Wings
3: BBQ
4: Pizza
5: Fish and chips

It is also immoral to sail without beer. I often see boats going out, beer in hand for a 9:00am race start.:D

BrewOnBoard

I was going to say WTF 5th page before someone mentions Brats?

Anyone know of a good beer pairing for Spaghetti?? It's the only food I drink red wine with but would much prefer a beer with it!!

Actually I love ice cold milk with spaghetti! It's my fav.

And as for food with beer Mexican!!

I rarely drink alcohol and eat at the same time, maybe three or four times a year. This results in barbecue being what I'd normally have with beer at outside parties.

Pizza's great, as are most of the other suggestions, but what about popcorn? Am I the only one who looks forward to a weekend evening watching a movie and enjoying popcorn and a beer or four?

I wouldn't put a delicate wit up against some hot wings, and I wouldn't pair an IIPA with foie gras. I usually look at a menu and decide what I'm going to eat, then look to see what beer will pair best with my food.

I think it's kind of funny how pizza and wings are the popular answers here. They're both tough on beer, and will easily overpower many beers. If I'm drinking BMC, this is acceptable, but otherwise I want to try to compliment the food with the beer.

I would have to say BRATWURST with SAUERKRAUT on a warm hoagie paired with a nice blonde.

I would have to say BRATWURST with SAUERKRAUT on a warm hoagie paired with a nice blonde.

I dont know about the blonde part but you cant beat a Brat boiled in beer then thrown on the grill.............Heaven on a bun:ban:

I dont know about the blonde part but you cant beat a Brat boiled in beer then thrown on the grill.............Heaven on a bun:ban:

I just like a nice easy drinking beer with my brats like a wit or a blonde ale. Do you know anyone who doesn't like a good brat?!

Cheese, wings, or Barbeque (and for those of you not from North Carolina... Barbeque = smoked pulled pork)

HAHA with some mustard? That's not BBQ my friend. Here in Texas BBQ is smoked brisket with typically a tomato based sauce. I must admit I've smoked a pork butt or two, but I prefer the real BBQ which is known down south as brisket. I must agree with you on the wings. Wings are probably in my top three favorite foods. I'd say probably the best bar food.

Nah, the mustard thing is one state down in SC. Around here it's a vinegar/red pepper sauce.
I knew someone would have to something smart to say about the barbeque... that's why I posted it.:D
I saw a quote one time (this might be paraphrased) .... "Barbeque in the South is like Wine in Europe; drive 50 miles and the barbeque changes."

Nah, the mustard thing is one state down in SC. Around here it's a vinegar/red pepper sauce.
I knew someone would have to something smart to say about the barbeque... that's why I posted it.:D
I saw a quote one time (this might be paraphrased) .... "Barbeque in the South is like Wine in Europe; drive 50 miles and the barbeque changes."

It's no question different places have different styles. That's the beauty of it. I enjoy it all, but I never really understood why you guys just don't do pork and beef.

A good burger and good beer is hard to beat on a summer night. The burger is just so versatile that you can pair practically any beer with one. Add blue cheese, aged cheddar, bbq sauce... There is a world of options.

Steak. A nice thick porterhouse steak with a lager/pils, IPA, pale or stout. Well, porter works too.

I can't believe I'm the first to say, A Big Fat Carne Asada Burrito!!!!

BBQ is also good. I feel kinda naked if I go out to the grill and I don't have a beer in my hand.

Pizza also, but I know the grease is inevitable going to give me heartburn. :drunk:

Try a dark, sweet beer like a Bock, in order to get the same heavy flavour as the wine. Maybe a Barleywine, or even and ESB if its not particularly bitter.

What sauce did you have in mind? I don't think a light beer would pair well with a red sauce, just like a white wine would be overwhelmed by the tomato.

A big, hearty burger!

Chocolate (like cake or brownies).
Pizza sometimes. Sometimes I want a soda with my pizza.
A nice medium rare steak.

But mostly the big, hearty burger.

Back