Brett/Sour BIF Trade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mf6421

Reaction score
Just checking interest in setting up a BIF (Beer it forward) focused on sour/funky beers. We could setup a few guidelines to make sure the trades are relatively even, but we probably don't need too many rules. I was thinking of a shipping date of December 17th or 18th. Post if your interested.

I'm thinking at least 2 different types of Sour/brett/funky beer with a total minimum of 48oz of beer. Other non sour homebrews could be thrown in as extras as well.

I have a recently bottled pale belgian sour as well as an aged brett saison that I would like to get some feedback on. (I also have a peach and cherry version of the pale sour that might be bottled soon enough to send)

Personally I think it's a great idea although I don't have anything available to contribute. Well, I take that back. I have a brett saison that's about a year old that currently tastes like hot sewage I could trade but I don't think anybody will appreciate it. (It should clean up the flavor in another 6-8 months, I'm not tasting it again until next summer.)

Since most of us let out sour beers roll 12+ months it's hard to set those on a deadline, especially one set a few weeks out. I'm sure there are some people out there with a more regular pipeline or more recent bottlings able to contribute.

I just bottled a saison with brett b and blackberries but its not even carbed up. I also have a brett b & l Belgian white that I'm not a huge fan of and couple bottles left of sour porter but I'm not sure I want to part with those

Latest posts

Back