What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry, good beer isn't for everybody. ;)
I actually like that one. It's not one of my favorites, but I think it's pretty good.

I concur. Not bringing it with me as my only beer on a deserted island but I pick up a sixer every now and again. And the wife loves it. She was on a Leini's vanilla porter kick and I thought she should try Atwater.

I'm drinking nothing...at an 8 year old's birthday party...

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

Self-employed, but I subcontract quite a bit of work through a certain company. So, no real boss, but I am still accountable to somebody for that portion of my work. But I still set my own hours, what days I work and don't work, etc.

Funny how most people think self employed means take as much time off as you want. Tends to work out quite the opposite.

Funny how most people think self employed means take as much time off as you want. Tends to work out quite the opposite.

Wish I was self-employed so I could take as much time off as I want.

Grist brewers challenge.
Vegetable curry on the left, Italian meat pie on the right. Both are surprisingly good.

1401489310188.jpg

Durham Bulls, messy hotdog and Foothills Brewery Hoppyum...up next:Goose Island IPA and maybe some BBQ.

IMAG2999.jpg

2 Jai Alais. Thanking the beer gods that it is Friday. Waiting for steaks to rest at room temp before I throw em on the grill. Purdy inch and a half ribeye too. Nice marbling. Mouth watering.

And how well do the flavors match the "meal"?

That is the challenge. Same saison base & then which brewer came closest to the flavor. The curry is pretty obviously a curry. The Italian may pie is more of an Italian sausage / fennel / anise flavor.
Vote by putting a ticket in a can. Then they will announce which brewer did which. I'm voting Italian, but that is minority right now.

Goose Island 312 Pale Ale...the keg kicked on the IPA on my pour. I got a taste though...pretty good. A salted in the shell peanuts...a baseball game imperative.

IMAG3002.jpg

Good evening ladies and gents, took some HBT "maternity leave" to help settle in the new daughter. Back to the regularly scheduled program now. :rockin:

Drinking one from fuzzymittens to start the night. View attachment 202672

Treated myself to one of these today as well.
View attachment 202673

What brand grill, I been tempting myself but haven't pulled the trigger.

Ugh...2 hours into this kid birthday party and I'm doing nothing but taking mental inventory of what's in my beer fridge. The clock hasn't moved in about 30 minutes...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401495519.832442.jpg
Just when I say I don't like Belgians, I'm sent a Belgian dipa.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Ugh...2 hours into this kid birthday party and I'm doing nothing but taking mental inventory of what's in my beer fridge. The clock hasn't moved in about 30 minutes...

I love kids, but I can't stand kid birthday parties unless they're my own kids' parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I concur. Not bringing it with me as my only beer on a deserted island but I pick up a sixer every now and again. And the wife loves it. She was on a Leini's vanilla porter kick and I thought she should try Atwater.

I'm drinking nothing...at an 8 year old's birthday party...

Have you had the Decadent Chocolate? It's pretty good too.

Yeah, I wish it was like that. The problem is, with no employees, if I don't work nothing gets done. My schedule can be pretty flexible at times, but when I have a lot going on, there's no slacking or taking a day off for no good reason.

Ok, if I were starting with dregs from a single champagne bottle of stout, and building up a starter, is a week long enough to do it ? Is an RIS a poor candidate for harvesting, due to the high ABV?

Ok, if I were starting with dregs from a single champagne bottle of stout, and building up a starter, is a week long enough to do it ? Is an RIS a poor candidate for harvesting, due to the high ABV?

Yea, prob not a great candidate for harvesting.

Yea, prob not a great candidate for harvesting.

That's what I was scared of. Maybe I'll need to buy a 6 of Founders Porter or something. Was considering using time if the Boulevard bottles I have but thought the size if that beer might have the yeast pretty stressed.

Back