Black Cherry Concord Grape Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perschml

Reaction score
Anyone ever done the Yooper type wine wine with juice rather than concentrate?

Well I started a 5 galloner of black cherry concord grape with welches juice. OG is right at 1.85 which should land it 12.7%. Which I'm happy with. I made a one gallon batch of straight concord grape juice and it rolled in about 14.5% ABV yet it still tastes really good. Back sweetened it with 2 tbs of wine conditioner per gallon.

Right at the moment shes defoaming with a napkin on top. Hope to pitch the yeast in the morning and go from there.

I have done it with cherry apple juice and it turned out great. One of my favorites to date. Good luck and i hope it turns out great for you

I'm trying the same thing, but I added Pomagranite juice into the mix. I should be ready to bottle next week. it tastes pretty good right now and should only get better with a little ageing.

If the juice has sorbate written on the label then don't use it for fermentation. I typically add sorbate after. It's not too often you run in to it, but people think your a health nut for reading all the labels.

Latest posts

Back