stemming from the bummed in mississippi thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gator

Reaction score
has anyone ever used this website to buy beer you can't get here?

www.liquidsolutions.biz/main/

i'd love to be able to have some brews shipped to me that i can't get around here, but i'm a bit leery........how can they tell i'm "of age" and whatnot??

basically, is this a legit deal?

gator

I know that some people do "wine of the month" type clubs. In some states, it is illegal to receive alcohol from out of state. I don't know what those states are, though! If you read under shipping info, here: http://www.liquidsolutions.biz/main/
they basically state that they're not responsible for any problems you have for these shipments and that they might require you to fax a copy of your driver's license to them. They are saying that since the "transfer" of ownership of the beer occurs in Oregon, that you are responsible for any laws you may be breaking and for any weather related problems. I don't know if it'd be worth it!

i live in california and have had beer shipped here and to my folks in iowa several times. the only problem i ran into was that some of the beer went bad. i'm blaming this on storage, though, and not shipping. john's grocery was the culprit, and the beers that were bad were all belgian brews that probably were stored or shipped (to john's) at too high a temperature. the other beers i ordered were just fine.

so not sure about these guys...i may give them a shot myself.

I'd be willing to give them a try, but I live in a state where this kind of thing carries no legal ramifications. I once belonged to Beer Across America, a 'beer of the month' club. They only ship to states where it is legal to do so. According to the BAA website, they will only ship to CA, CT, FL, IL, IN, MI, NJ, NY, OH, VA and WI.

Back