What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and my 3rd pour of HB cream ale. And dang can your drunkle make some clear beer without any floccing agents.

1408400743945.jpg

First time ever! It's a very rich caramel flavor but extremely smooth with minimal bitterness. Daddy likey! LolImageUploadedByHome Brew1408403271.197274.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Good selections Nuke! No Dragons Milk?

Yeah, I saw it there, but my hands were full and I already have a few bottles from last year. I'll grab a couple next time I'm in the store. I'll wager no one around here really knows anything about New Holland so I have some time before it catches on.

Nice to see you around.

Nice to be around. My computer crapped out a while back so I've had to resort to using the app, which, as far as apps go is nice, but in general I hate having to do it. I bought a laptop today so now I'll be around more often.

Yeah, I saw it there, but my hands were full and I already have a few bottles from last year. I'll grab a couple next time I'm in the store. I'll wager no one around here really knows anything about New Holland so I have some time before it catches on.

Nice to be around. My computer crapped out a while back so I've had to resort to using the app, which, as far as apps go is nice, but in general I hate having to do it. I bought a laptop today so now I'll be around more often.

Well good then.
Dragons milk is easily a favorite of mine.

I can't imagine beer with old bay in it. Really good?

The seasoning isn't overwhelming by any means at least to me, it's pretty hoppy. I'm ready for a pot of blue claws!

My RIS, brewed 2 months ago and bottled a few bombers that didn't fit in the secondary on Jameson soaked oak, thew alittle of the Jameson in the bombers.
Still undercarbed at a month but this is going to be nice:D

IMG_4268.jpg

The seasoning isn't overwhelming by any means at least to me, it's pretty hoppy. I'm ready for a pot of blue claws!

My RIS, brewed 2 months ago and bottled a few bombers that didn't fit in the secondary on Jameson soaked oak, thew alittle of the Jameson in the bombers.
Still undercarbed at a month but this is going to be nice:D

That's funny, I'm in Point Pleasant for a bit and craving blue claws.

Pretty good dipa.

Around here they are by far the most bang for your buck. Not the best beer but far from the worst and for Seven or eight bucks you get a bomber that satisfies the big beer big hops craving. Every now and then you find them for 5.99. I had one last night!

Around here they are by far the most bang for your buck. Not the best beer but far from the worst and for Seven or eight bucks you get a bomber that satisfies the big beer big hops craving. Every now and then you find them for 5.99. I had one last night!

It certainly packs a punch. I could smell it as soon as I poured it haha

Qhrumphf, Bane, You know its beer week in DC right. And for Qhrumphf, looks like there is even this on Thursday

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/youngandhungry/2014/08/18/top-picks-for-d-c-beer-week/

This was pointed out to me by a girl I recently met and threw it out there as an option for a date. If this one is successful, I am going to have to arrange a few more, or find some others to take out this week. Tell me I convinced ya to show up.

Umm... Let's see if I get a pass to go out.

Been a little leery of this but it's quite good,

I was surprised too.

My view is now this.

1408414758407.jpg

Qhrumphf, Bane, You know its beer week in DC right. And for Qhrumphf, looks like there is even this on Thursday

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/youngandhungry/2014/08/18/top-picks-for-d-c-beer-week/

This was pointed out to me by a girl I recently met and threw it out there as an option for a date. If this one is successful, I am going to have to arrange a few more, or find some others to take out this week. Tell me I convinced ya to show up.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it into town this week, particularly on Thursday.

Had a couple Old Bust Head EPAs and a Murphy's earlier. Got a bunch of random stuff today, almost all BJCP classic examples for more practice judging. I might just have a exam seat in about a month, and I am in no way ready. Hah.

Mean Old Tom.

Missing the vanilla for burnt coffee grounds and cigar tobacco.

#properglassware

1408416993193.jpg

Sweetwater 420.. Great pale ale.. Found a recipe to brew this beauty, gonna try it out next month

Clown shoes Space Cake DIPA. This is a great beer. Some sweet malt to balance the Mosaic hops and really hides the 9%abv. For a big DIPA it doesnt have that gut bomb effect that over malty DIPA's sometimes have.

Last minute pasteurization decision on my non-alcoholic ginger beer. Of course, last time I checked it, it had just a bare whisper of carb when I opened a cap...to the point that I was afraid it wasn't going to carb at all. Now, it's gushers! So, I bled the gush out of them and then removed and replaced the caps and pasteurized. The sample one, over ice, went flat pretty quickly and the flavor was too sweet, but I'm hoping the rest, pasteurized and chilled will be much better.

After all that hot work, I'm having a diet (Truvia) root beer. Another little batch that I thought I'd be pouring out...but it has carbed nicely and the aftertaste isn't gone, but it isn't as bad. For a first attempt at root beer...and diet, to boot...not bad.

DSC05318.jpg

DSC05319.jpg

Latest posts

Back