So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 gals this weekend.

5 gal Honey Wheat tonight (nice light brew for our July 4th party).

5 gal All-Grain Pale Ale. My first AG batch! Got an MLT for my birthday so I'm goin' all grain on my birthday Saturday!

250 Gallons of Saison!!! The 2 local clubs are getting together for a big brew at a local micro. Was supposd to be on NHD but the World Beer Festival in Raleigh got in the way of that. Better late than bever I guess! Should be a good time!

250 Gallons of Saison!!! The 2 local clubs are getting together for a big brew at a local micro. Was supposd to be on NHD but the World Beer Festival in Raleigh got in the way of that. Better late than bever I guess! Should be a good time!

I just messed my pants a little. How many ways are you splitting this 250gal? Sounds like a ton of fun!!!!

10 gals this weekend.

5 gal Honey Wheat tonight (nice light brew for our July 4th party).

5 gal All-Grain Pale Ale. My first AG batch! Got an MLT for my birthday so I'm goin' all grain on my birthday Saturday!

1st things 1st Welcome!

I'm going back to basics tonight and doing a 3gallon Honey Wheat extract(had the dme sitting around). Then sunday morning I'm brewing another 11 gallons Of Ed's Pale(AG)

I'm doing a brewing demo at a festival this weekend with my system and my brew club Prez...Amarillo pale ale !

Pat

Just finished a revised version of my Brown Ale - aimed for 78% efficiency...got 86%. Good thing I overshot my volume, I made 12 gallons instead of 11 so the gravity came out just one point above my estimate.

Tomorrow is the chico microbrew fest, and I've got tickets! Hopefully we don't get rained out...but if we do I'm just going to grab my rain gear and go anyways! More beer for me! :D

I plan on bottling an IPA that I've been putting off for a while. I'm new to all of this, I like brewing, but holy **** do I hate some parts of it. Bottling is a pain, but not as bad as I was expecting. I just really, really hate cleaning. Oh god, do I hate cleaning. I've almost considered giving up on the hobby because of it. It's so tedious.

I picked up some PBW that I'm going to try, because before all I had was star san, which isn't ideal. Also picked up one of those jet bottle washers. Hopefully it'll be more tolerable now.

Going to try to make a starter or two tomorrow and knock out an cream stout and bourbon stout. I figured since I already have 12 gallons of beer that's bottled, I'd try something that'll take a lot longer to ferment. Besides, I'll still have carboys/buckets left over to make something quicker if I want it.

(Trappist, Mr. Beer IPA, and soon another IPA bottled)

Today was supposed to be the Old Boys match for my rugby team, but three days of rain + rugby would have destroyed our pitch so it's been called off. I headed to the grocery store to get some ribs to put on the smoker and I'll be brewing another batch of Hefeweizen.

4.5 lb White Wheat Malt
4.5 lb Pilsner
1 lb Munich

Protein Rest @ 122° for 15 minutes, Sacch Rest @ 153° with a Mini Decoction towards the end of the rest.

1 oz 3.2% Saaz @ 90
.5 oz 3.2% Saaz @ 5

Ferment with WLP300

Bottling a traditional German Hefe and brewing up a leftover IPA. Out of pure coincidence...6.6lbs of grain, 1.066 target SG, 6.66 target ABV, 66.6 IBU, Breing on June 6...

just mashed in some sort of saison farmhouse kind of thing. got to get some stuff in the pipeline now that my mind is set on building a kegerator!

Got sanitizing going on right now...transferring a terrapin big hoppy monster clone to secondary, then gonna cook up a batch of SWMBO Slayer (or a slight variant thereof) for the lady. Then perhaps tomorrow I shall do an APA...I love brew day!

I was going to brew today, but I got a late start, and instead just took an inventory of the grain supplies. While doing so, I discovered that a bag of wheat DME had developed a tear, and poured all over everything. So I spent the morning washing sticky goo off of my equipment. Yuck.

I guess I'll rack the cold-crashed Bee Cave HPA to a keg and then bottle the Mr. Beer Jamaica Mon that has been sitting in primary for 3.5 weeks. Not an entirely wasted day. Perhaps I'll get a Kriek into the Mr. Beer fermenter later tonight.

Today I'm brewing Jamil's Specialty Saison -- 7.6% Alcohol. First time I'm making water adjustments and I'm a bit nervous about it -- already f***ed up not putting my pellets in a hop bag, oh well.

Monday I'm taking off work and brewing 10 gallons of Jamil's Blonde Ale so my BMC Friends have something to drink when they come over.

God, I love to Brew :)

Currently mashing 21lbs of grain for a 10gallon batch of Ed's Pale. It's a great day to brew in NJ! Trying to get everything done before 1 because I have a family bbq to go to. I'll be posting pics later tonight of the brew day in the photos section.

getting ready to take preboil OG of my Kabouter kup entry. Then to the boil. Got a late start too. Late night, or late morning I guess, Rock band session last night. I'msurprised I'mactually awake making beer today.

Did a NATO IPA yesterday (American grains and yeast, English hops). Think I may have messed up my mash/sparge, but I need to re-review my notes to figure out what I did. Worst case: overshot my SG--not the end of the world.

I made SWMBO Slayer yesterday. My OG was low, 1.049 with target of 1.053. Not sure what happened, since all of my previous brews have been beyond the estimated gravity. Should I just dump it? j/k :)

The yeast (WLP400 Belgian Wit) on this one is going crazy, gushing out the blowoff tube. The starter was quite vigorous too.

Just did my dough-in on my first AG batch. 1st test for my homemade MLT. Temp looks good and I'm about to crack a cold one. I'm doing the Haus Pale Ale for my first AG batch. Looks rather simple and tasty. :rockin:

Just put Orfy's Hob Goblin II into the fermenter. Has anyone tried to oak this beer? I have some medium french oak I want to use in something.

my advice after one oak experiment gone terribly wrong.....Go Light! You can always do more, but you cannot take away, and it won't necessariy fade away! 5 months strong, still undrunkable. Oh and don't oak light beers :)

As per SWMBO's request, Sunday will be a Two-Brew Day. Mild followed by a Wheat Porter.... can't friggin wait. Going to LHBS tomorrow after work. Excited because it'll be the first time trying FWH and we'll be experimenting with mash schedules to obtain max efficiency.

I hope everybody has a lot of fun brewing this weekend, because I know we will. :mug:

Brewing Edworts Robust Porter this Saturday. Going to throw some stash peach tea in at the end of the boil, then secondary with frozen peachs :mug:

12g's of American IPA
12g's of Munich Helles
12g's of Oktoberfest

All Saturday, two double deco's, and a one-week-old daughter to watch :rockin:

I have all my tri-clamp fittings and will have easy connections for the first time in my brewing career. I am psyched!

I'm doing a clone of something called Pranqster. I've never tried the real thing but I've made it before and it's a favorite of everyone who's tried it so I'm doing a 10 gallon batch.

I’m making a new manifold for the MLT tonight. I’m only getting 58% efficiency right now. I made a new pasta roller grain mill to get away from the LHBS mill and I figured I’d replace my braided line. Wish me luck.

Back