What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm drinking DubbelDachs recipe for watermelon wheat.
29x88ee.jpg

Now I am even more excited to try it.

I did a side by side last night, and it really shocked me how similar they are. It's likely the Citra in the dry hop. I asked Mpls on Beerforum to do a side by side when he drinks his, so we'll see what he thinks.

I did a side by side last night, and it really shocked me how similar they are. It's likely the Citra in the dry hop. I asked Mpls on Beerforum to do a side by side when he drinks his, so we'll see what he thinks.

If only I had an Abrasive with which to do a side by side as well. I'm more than happy to just sit back and enjoy the ride, though. If I notice any similarities I'll let you know.

Breckenridge American Hefe Proper. Right before that Pyramid's Hefe Weizen. IMHO the Breck wins. (altho, now that I think about it it probably wasn't a fair comparison) Regardless, I'm 2 for 2 with Breckenridge. (Did you get to try that Vanilla Porter yet Dude?)

Thanks for the heads up on the Chimay... I may go it in reverse order and save the White for last! :drunk:

Ize

Just to chime in....Breckenridge really does make some nice brews, and the vanilla porter is excellent. Their oatmeal stout is pretty nice too. Enjoy!:mug:

My Badfish IIPA. After months in the bottle its not as pungent and bold as it is young, but its still freakin delicious!!!

I had the same experience after I brewed it. 6 months in the bottle and it was in a lot better shape than I thought it would be. I think the higher FG helped it age better than a typical IIPA would.

They are spendy. Some places are giving it for 20. Others are close to 30. Fine with the 20, hesitant on the 30. Have one aging for a bit now. The bottle is pretty bad ass too.

Wow.... There's no way I would have paid 30 for it. And It is one of the coolest bottles that I've seen. Not sure how soon I'll tap into it, but I am looking forward to it, that's for sure.

I had the same experience after I brewed it. 6 months in the bottle and it was in a lot better shape than I thought it would be. I think the higher FG helped it age better than a typical IIPA would.

I think its a combo of that and the heavy late additions making the hoppyness last longer. I'm definitely impressed.

WesleyS said:
My Berry Rice Wine. My wife bought two of these little jar mugs for me today.

That's adorable! I would really like some of those actually, it's perfect for the home brew club meetings.

chuckstout said:
I like those, ill have to look around and maybe build a little taster platter

bottlebomber said:
That's adorable! I would really like some of those actually, it's perfect for the home brew club meetings.

Yeah I thought they were neat. I'd love to have a few more for a flight paddle now that I'm starting to keg.

Latest posts

Back