What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yard work done for the day, now for a beer. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396312932.129299.jpg

if it's that old, it should just scrape off. did you find your parachute pants?

all kidding aside, that sucks. we have a 6 & 3 y/o. I do not like any aspect of cleaning puke.

edit: having a Whole Hog Scotch Ale.

Almost spit my beer out when I read this. :)

Hope I didn't send you that one. Mine were infected. Supposedly it was a Houston only if it hadn't change. It really sucked too

"I want to be smart as a horse and hung like Einstein"

I think all of you who said theirs are infected are making it up. :p
The one bottle of mine that I opened didn't have any signs of infection, thankfully. So I'm hoping the other one is fine too.

Hope I didn't send you that one. Mine were infected. Supposedly it was a Houston only if it hadn't change. It really sucked too

"I want to be smart as a horse and hung like Einstein"

Nope. You sent me a regular Noir and it was fantastic.

This one came in an eMAW box. Had to dump it. Oh well--I guess beer is a gamble.

Now drinking this. Much better.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396313440.388509.jpg

Water after a local ice cream. Tenants put in a formal offer on my home. The stress begins.

Sent from the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

Breakfast stout. It was sure nice of the guy who saved me some KBS considering when they put them out tomorrow they will be all gone and I will be at work.

Cheers to the bottle shop owner that looks out for the workin man! View attachment 190009

I agree with that! I recently got to know one of the better shop owners, and found out he was a HBer himself. He always saves me at least one of the Boulevard special releases, and anything else that he thinks wont last long. Ive taken him a sixer of HB for the troubles, hopefully he enjoyed them. Just an all around nice guy.

That's a healthy sized sample! Is it good to drink so young? (I'm assuming it's still fermenting). I've never had skeeter pee.

Yup its fine. Im messing around with flavoring so thus the healthy sample. Skeeter is not something you age, definately drink when its ready.

Having a nugget nectar. Got my polarized sunglasses, but had to grabb beer first for tomorrow. Hop nosh cans for fishing, and got a growler of Chillwave for the late afternoon before going to the Sabres game. Might even hit up a brew pub on the way. :D:cool: Picked up some founder's rye as well since it was discounted.

Remembered this thread while having dinner with my Borderland Brewing (Tucson AZ) Cintrana "Sour" Ale. Style Gose. MMMM MMMM Good! Found this beer at a local beer festival, like finding a gold nugget. Nice sour salty taste. Always have a few pints and take a growler home when its on tap. If your ever in the area check them out.

Awhile back, I did a blonde extract brew and overdid the amount of water...separated a couple of gallons and added strawberries at 170F to the rest. The OG was very low, so the next day, I used 3 lbs light DME and a gallon of the strawberry wort and boiled 15 minutes. Added most back to the strawberry wort and a little to the "plain" blonde (which, of course, now has a VERY small amount of strawberry in it). The strawberry batch, I consider pretty much a bust...the musty strawberry flavor makes it pretty blah...no hops in the bitterness or aroma, and no malt. As for my little 17 bottle run of "Plain Jane Blonde", I'm getting my first taste tonight. While it isn't my best effort, it's pretty easy to drink. A little malt, a little sweet, but I still get a little bitterness from the hops. A faint strawberry in the aroma and flavor, but just a little. No hops in the aroma really. I'm really wishing I had stuck to my original thoughts and only used 2 to 3 lbs of strawberries (instead of 6 lbs) and held off adding them until secondary. Ah, well. This little side batch will be drinkable. [Wearing my Nugget Nectar T-shirt. *Grin* ]

IMAG2846.jpg

Last Kissin Cousins Kentucky Common. Getting kind of bland or oxidized. Its seen better days.

I decided to open this strawberry wheat, just to see what a commercial brewery strawberry beer is like. It definitely has, as a reviewer on BeerAdvocate described it, a strawberry cream soda flavor. The strawberry flavoring very much has that candy/creamy flavor and aroma. I like my "Plain Jane Blonde" better, but not my Strawberry Blonde.

IMAG2847.jpg

I agree with that! I recently got to know one of the better shop owners, and found out he was a HBer himself. He always saves me at least one of the Boulevard special releases, and anything else that he thinks wont last long. Ive taken him a sixer of HB for the troubles, hopefully he enjoyed them. Just an all around nice guy.

The owner is a HB'er as well. Plus I like to bring in stuff I get in trades and share sometimes. I can waste a good hour in there just talking with the guy.

Hb red ale, I think I've got the keg pretty much dialed in for this batch.

The head lost just a bit of body as I tried to get a good shot, but its leaving a nice lacing on the glass. I will be sad when I finish this keg. Thinking a skeeter pee may replace it for the yard work season.

Packaged a sampling of my hb's to send off to my brother, only the second time sending stuff off, hope it makes it.

1396321504630.jpg

Back