Kelvinator for a Kegorator... helo?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbhistory

Reaction score
I ran across a nice old Kelvinator fridge that a guy was getting rid of for 50 bucks.... I couldn't pass this deal up. HOWEVER, there isn't enough room to store a Corny Keg without removing the freezer unit; enter my question. Does anyone have experience converting this unit? There seem to be two coolant line running (one through each side of the freezer unit). Any ideas would be helpful!

052.JPG

055.JPG

056.JPG

And I just figured out that the freezer unit actually cools the entire unit.... /sigh... ideas?

I'd imagine converting this would be similar to converting any other mini-fridge in that you'd need to unmounts the freezer part form the fridge, flatten it, and move it somewhere along the back wall.

but that freezer/ cold plate looks like it may be a bear to manipulate.

Someone smarter and better at fabrication will be along any minute now.

Looks like you could unbolt the "freezer" assembly easy enough. The question is can you rotate it down and to the back wall - probably ending up door-down - without putting a fatal kink in the coolant lines (which I presume are hard tubing of some kind). It might take a second pair of hands to "form" the tubing as you move things along.

Might want to do some measuring first, to make sure you can fit a couple of kegs in there with the freezer up against the back wall...

Cheers!

Back