What common commerical beers use summit hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarCityBrewMaster

Reaction score
I am getting ready to do a couple smash brews with 2-row and summit hops. I also just finished up my first homemade recipe that included them as well. I'm turned on to the fact that they provide a strong citrus taste and aroma rather than the earthy, piny taste of the typical IPA aroma hops.

Just curious if there are many/any common commercial brews I could most likely pick up at any grocery store that use summit hops so I can give them a taste first.

Lots, I have no idea what you can get in VA though.

If you really want to know what summit hops bring to the table, get a Gubna from Oskar Blues. I expect you will have to have someone ship it to you.

Anyone want to ship one of these to me or if anyone has a good summit recipe in bottles that they wouldn't mind sharing and I'll return the favor once mine are done.

I'd send you one if I could get it. I've only had because I have 10th degree blackbelt grandwizard beer geek friends who trade for everything. It is pretty well distributed Colorado and west though so you should be able to get one if you try.

I lied, I can get it (mail order) and you can too.

I just remembered that South Bay Drugs carries it, and they ship to Virginia. You have to order in multiples of 6 but you should find plenty of stuff there you won't mind buying. They have been a pleasure to buy from for me. They have very fair prices and charge actual shipping plus like $1 per beer but they use nice new packaging that you can reuse.

http://sites.google.com/site/southbaydrugs/ListofBeers

Back