So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished brewing up an English Brown Ale, recipe from my LHBS. Has a lot of Brown Malt in it, which is an ingredient I've never heard much about but the grains smell/taste amazing. This is my second brew and it went smoother than my first, although cooling down was still a hassle... next time I'll have more ice stored up.

Also about to taste the first bottle of my first brew, a pale ale. Probably too early for it to have actually carbed, but I'm only human. :)

CliffMongoloid said:
Does a pumpkin graff sound good or am i crazy?

Might be good. Real pumpkin? Canned? Or just pumpkin spices?

Threw together a few gallons of cider w/ S-04 this weekend, with fresh cider from our apple picking trip.

Got in an "emergency" brewing of Arrogant Bastard last night...Fermenter were empty and my pipeline is thin and realized no chance to brew for the next 3 weekends...pinches like these are why I love full extract sometimes!

For my 3rd brew in 3 weeks (1 Tin, 1 Extract Kit) I will be brewing RCH Old Slug Porter from CloneBrews. This will be my first brew where I have assembled the ingredients and it will differ slightly from the recipe as the East Kent Goldings I can get has a slightly higher % AA than the recipe and I chose a different yeast because the one recommended in the recipe wasn't on stock and I checked Wyeasts website for the best alternative.

All in all very exciting :)

Have to do my annual winter warmer this weekend. This recipe is a PITA and quite a bit more expensive than most everything else I do, but I'd probably be written out of the will if I didn't show up with some. Hopefully they won't notice that I'm changing it up a little this year because I don't have enough time left to do the bigger version. So no honey in this one and probably half or a quarter of the candi sugar. The real PITA is that I have to bottle it and if there's one thing I HATE doing is bottling!

Friday being retiree payday,I can go get the 3lbs of DME & a couple other things I need to get my vanilla porter going for Christmas. My Traditional stout should be ready for oaking tomorrow. Both should be decent by Christmas.

Got my traditional stout racked onto the bourbon & oak a half hour ago. 5 gallons of roasty goodness on Jim Beam & American white oak. This should be my best Whiskely yet. A few blips of the airlock says the head space is filling with co2. Cool. :ban::mug::ban:

Since Saturday is National Learn How to Brew Day, I will teaching my girlfriend how brew and doing my first All Grain, BIAB. It will be a Peanut Butter & Chocolate Oatmeal Stout.

Though I made the mistake of not saying to crush only a 1/4 of the 1# roasted barley I was buying online from the LHBS so the roasted barley gone from 2% to 7.5% of the grain bill.

Since Saturday is National Learn How to Brew Day, I will teaching my girlfriend how brew and doing my first All Grain, BIAB. It will be a Peanut Butter & Chocolate Oatmeal Stout.

Though I made the mistake of not saying to crush only a 1/4 of the 1# roasted barley I was buying online from the LHBS so its gone from 2% to 7.5%.

I will also be teaching my wife how to brew. 10gallons of brown ale split with two different yeasts. Its on a pilot system for the brewery so "technically" its work.

I will be doing my first beer brew this Sunday. Bavarian Hefeweizen extract kit from Norther Brewer. Can't wait!

Only have the capability to do one gallon batches now but I will be teaching a buddy on Friday with an extract batch. Then I'll probably send him home with a book or two.

If JW Dover has what I need that they usually carry,I'll brew my Snowbound porter this weekend. Otherwise,I'll have to wait till during the week ordering them. Got two South African vanilla beans I'll be soaking/dissolving in vodka during primary. I enjoyed Leinenkugel's snowdrift porter so much,I decided to brew a version of my own. Robust porter tweaked with vanilla beans should be great. Here's the label with pic from bingimages.com;
http://[URL=http://s563.photobucket.com/user/unionrdr/media/porter_zps07fa5a75.jpg.html] [/URL]

Going to try to replicate Deschutes Black Butte Porter (10 gal.) on Saturday before I sit down to enjoy the Michigan State game. Had this Porter at the GABF a few weeks ago and it was outstanding. Hopefully, I can get close to it.:mug:

I'll be really happy if the porter ferments as fast as the traditional stout did. I swear that beer was done to within 1 point in a week! I treated the yeast rehydration per the manufacturer's PDF at Midwest,paying more attention to the clock this time. Warm water,pour in yeast (in 1L flask). Wait 15 minutes before stirring into water. At 30 minutes,stir again & leave to sit another 30 minutes. Stired up yeast cream at pitch time. Wasn't violent fermenting @ 64.4F. So maybe I'm just getting my rehydration shizz together?!...

I brewed my first AG batch yesterday. Brewed a blonde ale. I got better efficiency then I thought I would. First time around wasn't bad. Only thing that sucked was the longer then anticipated brew day!

justkev52 said:
Brewing 10 gallons of Olde English 800 on Saturday 11-2-13 and 10 gallons of Blonde / Kolsch on Sunday 11-3-13!
Are you going to have 40oz bottles to bottle too?
Sounds like your weekend is booked up!

If I can manage the time and have enough ingredients I will brew something with whatever I have laying around. I am set on base grains, but will have to figure out what I can brew with my specialties. I need to get some tenants. Even better would be homebrewer tenants.

Back