Longer hose for Dark Star burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopHead73

Brewmaster at Jbyrd Brewing, Hophead
Reaction score
Just got the Dark Star Burner from Northern Brewer.
I have a homemade three tier stand and I'm using this burner for my HLT.
So my problem is the hose is too short to reach the propane tank of I have it on the ground.
This is the hose that comes with the Dark Star:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/565592811/CSA_certified_High_pressure_gas_regulator.html

Anyone know of any longer hoses that would work with this? I can't seem to find any that have the same connector that attaches to the burner side.
Or is there some type of hose extender that would work?

When I built my three tier stand I took some black iron pipe and made a manifold to feed both burners off the same propane tank. I went from the regulator to a compression fitting to 3/8 copper, back to compression to a tee in the black iron. I have a ball valve on each end with the original hoses fitted to them.

Just got the Dark Star Burner from Northern Brewer.
I have a homemade three tier stand and I'm using this burner for my HLT.
So my problem is the hose is too short to reach the propane tank of I have it on the ground.
This is the hose that comes with the Dark Star:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/565592811/CSA_certified_High_pressure_gas_regulator.html

Anyone know of any longer hoses that would work with this? I can't seem to find any that have the same connector that attaches to the burner side.
Or is there some type of hose extender that would work?

I have the identical problem. Did you find a longer hose assembly? I need 4 to 5 feet.

I brought the burner to the local gas company and the engineer said he wouldn't be able to put a longer hose on it due to the fact that the fittings were custom made in China.
I just built a shelf on my brewstand so that the propane tank is off the ground and the hose reaches it now.

Back