will this hold the weight of 2 kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron,ar

Reaction score
I saw a thread about this but cannot find it now. I looked at several double cookers at Gander mountain and another store. The one at Gander Mountain was cheaper than this, had 2 30,000btu burners but were not dual level like this one is. Anybody use this and will it hold the weight of 2 kegs with 160 lbs of water plus the weight of the kegs themselves?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00264G584/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
The reveiws have a couple of people that use it for homebrewing. Check em out might help you.

I read 'em, but I am never sure about if a review is real or an advertising ploy;)
I also never ordered anything from Amazon so am not sure how well this will work. I do like the dual level platform tho, looks like something I can build on later for a better unit. Another question, what are the dimensions? how much taller is the upper level than the lower burner? Anybody know?
Thanks for the input.
ron

I recommend you just buy two of these and build a wood sculpture like this:

DSC00202.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at those at the Acaemy Outdoors store, they were $38 each, but I think they are a little lite for my taste. I want something with a sturdier base.
As far as building a structure out of wood like the one pictured....that one looks good but...you have never seen my attempts at woodworking have you?

Your comparing the sturdiness of something that sits 10 inches off the ground versus something that sits a pot 30 inches off the ground with half the supports under it? All that i have read on this site said its flimsy and not to buy. I wouldnt put 2 15 gal kegs full of liquid on that thing. Your relying on 2 37 inch pieces of angle iron to support all that weight.

Back