Get together threads?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Reaction score
Well, as i used to be part of a tight knit community with automotive stuff. We used to consistently have GTGs, check out each others cars, Talk shop, have dinner, etc.
i'm noticing this does not happen too often around this community, unless you are part of a home brew club. Is there any reason in particular to this?
i think it would be fun to even just head out to a local brewery and sample their beers, chat it up, etc. No one i know is a home brewer, and it makes it hard to talk shop... when i start talking about beer, SWMBOs eyes kinda glaze over haha. and i can tell my friends are interested, but when i start going too much in depth, i can tell they get lost.

Well first off what car community were you part of? Your responce will dictate if i choose to respond to this thread

but you had already responded! ;)
Volkswagen community :tank:

Maybe try the Portland Community thread? Post something over there inviting people to meet somewhere or something. I'd love to get together, but I can't drive to PDX right now and you wouldn't want to drive all the way to Idaho.

ah, didn't know there was one.
Just searched and didn't see a link, do you have one by chance?

Get together threads

I'm sort of in the same boat as you. A get together would be nice with people met here on HBT. But I look at the locations of us and we are spread out across the country, across the world. This seems to be a place like minded people can meet up with. A local brew club is probably the best thing for in person gatherings. I just recently found one but have yet to go to a club gathering, holidays and all. Looking forward to meeting them in the near future.

Find the Community drop down tab on the gold control bar near the top of the page and select Social Groups. Then you can search by state and/or area. Not sure if there is a Portland-exclusive group, but I would think any Oregon group would consist of many Portland-area residents.

Back