time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys want a hint or should we stick with the yes/no format? There are some questions that would get you there fairly quickly, but thinking of the right questions is the hard part innit?

Oh wait, I think I may know the brewery, but let's check. Is the brewery located in the Sierra Nevada mountains?

Oh wait, I think I may know the brewery, but let's check. Is the brewery located in the Sierra Nevada mountains?

My geography isn't what it should be, but I *think* it is just barely. So that's a "yes?"

Edit: Did some checking and the answer is a more definitive yes.

FYI, I love the 20 questions theme, albeit I can't stand it when my kids wanna play at the dinner table.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Summary of the clues so far, for your sleuthing convenience:

1. Not Pliny.
2. Not Sculpin.
3. It is in the Pale Ale family.
4. It is not a yeast-driven style (it's all relative, of course, but take this to mean that it's a hop-driven style)
5. It is brewed on the West coast
6. The brewery is less than 25 years old.
7. It is not quite a "local brewery" for me.
8. I had to go to the brewery itself to get this particular beer.
9. The brewery is more than 100 miles from me.
10. I took an Eastbound road on the way there, but it is slightly West of me "as the crow flies"
11. I did not go as far as Firestone Walker (Paso Robles) which is roughly 266 miles from San Clemente. So it is more than 100 miles from San Clemente but less than 266 miles.
12. The beer in question has won at least one award.
13. The brewery could reasonably be considered a "small batch brewery" for most people's definition of that term
14. Not from Telegraph Brewing, and not their California Ale
15. Not from Bravery Brewing and not their Equinox Ale.
16. Brewery is located within the official boundaries of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, probably, but only just, and possibly not
18. Not from Sierra Nevada and not SNPA
19. Not a collaboration

Kern river XPA?

Nope. Someone is going to swoop in with the answer any second now.

I can't contain this hint, because we're so close and I just wanted to brag in the first place! Kern River has exactly one beer that you can only get from the brewery, and only if you're lucky

Last edited:
Nope. Someone is going to swoop in with the answer any second now.

I can't contain this hint, because we're so close and I just wanted to brag in the first place! Kern River has exactly one beer that you can only get from the brewery, and only if you're lucky

To be clear, I meant there is only one beer that is the intersection of these two conditions. (Only from brewery) X (Only if lucky)

The holy grail. Citra double ipa

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416271711.100581.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Want. Here's the next. Brewery and beer! And let's do the 20 questions stuff

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416272588.136936.jpg

It was no to hop forward style, no to Great Lakes and no to Edmund fitz. Also not a stout

Nope. A hint before I pass out. This beer celebrated an important anniversary this year

Latest posts

Back