Right time... Right Place

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlaro22

Reaction score
:rockin:Went to Subway for breakfast this morning and saw a little pickup with a bunch of "trash" in the back of it to include this 12 Gallon Pyrex Carboy and a kegerator. Old fella was taking this stuff to the goodwill. I gladly paid for his order and offered him more and he just told me he was donating anyway and to take it!:rockin:

View attachment New Picture.bmp

some people have all the luck :( seriously though, good find! does the kegerator actually work though?

So freaking jealous... That is the find of the century, even if the kegerator needs some work. I keep hoping to come across something like this, but my luck is far from good.

It does work. The guy who was taking it to the Goodwill said his son was moving back home and he was clearing out the basement. I need to remove the Sanke keg attachments now and clean all the hoses. Trust me, this stuff never happens to me. I was just running late and needed some coffee and a sandwich!

This would be an even better story if you got his phone number so you can snag what Sanke kegs he might have.

Just saying....

tlaro22 said:
I need to remove the Sanke keg attachments now and clean all the hoses.

Get new hoses. They are cheap. If its been in the basement for years those hoses are nasty.

Yeah I think I will get new hoses. I will end up trading the sanke attachments any way. Now to find a silcone Bung. Gotta say though. This weekend calls for my first 10 gallon batch for celebration. It's all I can think about. Gotta get through this week.

Latest posts

Back