My 1st Score ... Take 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAMPLER

Reaction score
Some may have read about my recent score of a complete Jockey Box and full size CO2 for $10... :ban: Yup what a score to find... thank you Craigslist!

My 1st Score original thread.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/my-1st-score-255994/

Well, my story gets better, I went o pick up the CO2 which was located in the back of their garage and in walking through I noticed a few things that caught my interest. They were a steel box and a On/Off throw switch box. SO, after catching my breathe from dragging the CO2 out and into the truck I asked.

"So what are doing with those metal electrical boxes?"

The answer again surprised me... "I tried selling this weekend but no takers, I guess they are going into the trash. Unless... you want them?"

Yup, you got it! Another FREE score!!!! :ban:

Here is what I picked up again for FREE plus a pic of the CO2 tank!!

IMAG0576-1.jpg

IMAG0577.jpg

220v On/Off pull switch box measure 10.25 x 6.25 x 4.25 Can this be used with 110v wiring and power instead of 220 :confused:

IMAG0578.jpg

Electrical box w/ removable front cover 12 x 12 x 8

Looks like I'm one step closer to starting my build on my Brutus Clone :mug:

Awesome Scores man! Keep us posted. I'm no electrician but my guess(and it is just a guess, consult an electrician before doing anything!!!) is, if it will carry 220 it will carry 110. I cant see why logically you would need to change the wiring to go down in voltage, up i could see and understand but not down.

Yep, that'll work for 110VAC also. It most likely has fuses in it though, and they might cost a little bit to replace, so you're not out of the woods yet.

Nowadays stuff like that usually goes straight to the scrap yard for a couple $$. You got lucky - good find.

Yep, that'll work for 110VAC also. It most likely has fuses in it though, and they might cost a little bit to replace, so you're not out of the woods yet.

Yes that is correct that there are fuses inside. I guess my next question is can I replace the current fuses with ones that will be reduced to 110V thus creating another back up for my brew system?

The existing fuses should work fine (they're "backwards compatible" so can be used with lower voltages). They trip on amperage.

I mentioned replacing them because they could be blown, or were removed during the demo. Test them out with a multimeter - open circuit between the two end caps of a fuse means it's gone.

Back