Aloha from Hawaii

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKBrew

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the art of homebrewing (three batches so far). Started out with a Mr. Beer Kit as my first batch, but getting their mixes shipped out here is outrageous. Have used the Mr. Beer Fermenter to ferment two small batches myself with decent sucess.

Next month I am upgrading to a 5 gallon set-up, with Better Bottle carboys (to cut down on shipping costs).

Looking forward to getting more and more creative as my experience level grows.

McKBrew

Aloha! I no know of three of you guys....wait, two fellow brewers out there. Have you been to the LHB store there off Nibitz? I am told they have good stuff. And to airate your primary just hold primary and wait for earthquake! LOL!

Enjoy, and have some fun!

Stephen,

The earthquake made for a fun day. I completely missed it as I was driving to work when it happened.

Definately looking forward to getting my new equipment and deciding what to brew next.

Get all my stuff at Hawaiian Style Homebrew, hidden on the side roads just off Nimitz. Small store, but O.K. selection and reasonable prices.

Yep it's the same store. As far as I know, it's the only place on the island. Must not be too many of us homebrewers out here to rate more homebrew businesses. I am relocating to WA state next year and will definately be able to take advantage of the mail order companies alot more, as I will not spend nearly as much for shipping.

I was just there a few weeks ago, was at Nobes341's and had some of his tasty homebrews! As far as having to order everything from the mainland is a pain in the @ss! It is on eof the things I hated when I lived there. Well, stay cool and have a home brew!

Did either one of you get involved with the HOPS homebrewing club out here? Just curious as I thought about checking them out.

Not me, I started brewing when I got to the Bay area last year. Maybe Nobes did?
By the way, where you at?

I saw the HOPS club posted around, but never checked it out. Might be worth a look. I think I've only ever seen one other soul in that LHBS besides myself and a few guys I work with. I'd be interested to know what the turn out is like.

US Navy stationed at Pearl Harbor on an attack submarine. Been here for 3 1/2 years.

Very nice spot. Used to work at Pali Momi Hospital just around the corner from you. I used to ride my bike past Pearl Harbor going to work, brings about a lot of feelings still.

Me and SWMBO used to live in Waikiki at the Wailana, above the cofee house. I really miss it over there, espacially the ocean!!!!!!

Back