AHS Stout Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopSong

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still new at all this. I have a Coopers "ale" in bottles now as of last week. Smelled great.. tasted good for flat.. Can't wait for the next two or so weeks.

The brew I'm starting tomorrow is an American Amber Ale.. Extract kit with grains. I hope I can get that processed correctly for my first like this.

Then, I'd like to try a stout. I'd like to take advantage of the free shipping. Being's I'm a noob.. is there any difference in difficulty between the Oatmeal Stout Extract kit and the Chocolate Malt Extract kit???

I'll call them in the next day or two to get some particulars.. but, wanted the group opinion(s) on my question. I'm sure both kits are great. I'm still into dry yeast until I get my processes down a bit more.. so, with either, what yeast would you choose? I'm using Safale 5 for this brew..

I don't think there will be much difference. I just did the double choc stout from AHS and it was straight forward. I used the white labs liquid yeast that came with the kit. As far as the oatmeal goes, I think you just steep them like the other specialty grains.

Back