Attached Jet Burner to Bayou Stand w/ Imagez

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbudtwo

Reaction score
So I have been using a propane bayou burner converted to natural gas (see this thread: linky) to brew with for a while now. However, the boil time was just taking too long. So I decided to upgrade and get myself a 10 jet natural gas burner.

So far I have mounted it where the old burner was. I centered it and drilled 4 holes to mount it on with two U-Bolts. It worked pretty smartly if you ask me. However, I have heard that these can be positioned too close. But other people have said that close contact is no big deal. How do you feel about my setup?

farjt.jpg

sorry for the blurry photo, I was being called in for dinner :D

closef.jpg

Should I lower it? I plan on bending the metal supports inwards a bit - out of the way of the flames, or just welding on straight supports where the curved ones were.

looks pretty good. mine looks to be about the same distance from the BK, so maybe you'll be good. best thing to do its just fire it up and put some water in the kettle and see how its doing

Back