Label for my Cali. Common

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarrid

Reaction score
My homage to Woody Guthrie. What do y'all think?

I'm probably just gonna print these onto regular paper. Cutting out the outline will probably suck, but hey, I only have to do 43 or so!

label-steamale.jpg

looks nice but the critic in me thinks that a steam should be called 'beer' and not ale. I have nothing to back that up but that is how I know it. nice labels though. I have a common on tap right now I call CT Common Steam Beer.

Dig it.

hmmm, the perfect thirst quencher for the dustbowl blues.

It kind of reminds me of the shape of one of those souvenir patches you would get in the national forests. very apropos.

...Why, you better go back to beautiful Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Georgia, Tennessee.

yeah, I'll have that in my head tonight. Could be alot worse tunes...

Yeah, you catch my drift pretty well then. I lived in California for two years and moved there via pretty much the same route that everyone took during the dustbowl. When I was there I felt a combination of awe for the landscape of where I was and nostalgia for the heartland from whence I came. I got my inspiration from highway signs, old railroad logos and stuff. The trees in the background are from a photo I took on a visit to Yosemite.

Hmm, thanks for pointing that out... I did my homework on steam beer before starting this batch, but I guess I didn't really nail down whether it was an ale brewed with lager yeast, or a lager brewed at ale temperatures. I could change it easily, since I want to be accurate. I guess since I'm not selling it, it would be ok to use the word "steam" and not get sued by Anchor, yeah?

I tweaked it real quick, and I kinda like the way the word "steam" fit together in this font:
label-steambeer.jpg

Love the shape! I'm sure it'll look great on the bottle too. Great work.

Back