You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you buy these off ebay

Box.jpg

Keg.jpg

Post.jpg

for the sole purpose of converting into ball lock kegs for fermenters.

I have a 14.5 gallon Blichmann conical for sale if you're local!

How much are these and where can I get them.

I bought them all (from this guy anyway)... I went on Ebay and found the ones that had "or best offer" and I gave all of them an offer. This was the only guy who accepted. I paid $100/ea plus $70 shipping for all 4, so just about $119/ea and they are BRAND NEW

The eye wash stations sell to this day for $1200-1600 new. I was surprised he accepted.

I just paid about $26 for all 8 posts. I found them used at AIH and had $20 credit from previous purchases, so I'm at $125/ea

So it cost me less than a refurbished 10 gallon (and those aren't even guaranteed to have sanitary welds plus you can't return them if they're bad) And i'm WAY less than a brand new one (those are $300+)

I was thinking about using the eye washing parts on some spare tanks I have that need other parts to complete... turn them into portable "showers/sinks" for camping/hunting.

When you instinctively use your leg to stop the fall of a bottle of homebrew knocked off a fridge shelf and end up with a huge purple bruise. But the bottle was saved.

I bought them all (from this guy anyway)... I went on Ebay and found the ones that had "or best offer" and I gave all of them an offer. This was the only guy who accepted. I paid $100/ea plus $70 shipping for all 4, so just about $119/ea and they are BRAND NEW

The eye wash stations sell to this day for $1200-1600 new. I was surprised he accepted.

I just paid about $26 for all 8 posts. I found them used at AIH and had $20 credit from previous purchases, so I'm at $125/ea

So it cost me less than a refurbished 10 gallon (and those aren't even guaranteed to have sanitary welds plus you can't return them if they're bad) And i'm WAY less than a brand new one (those are $300+)

I was thinking about using the eye washing parts on some spare tanks I have that need other parts to complete... turn them into portable "showers/sinks" for camping/hunting.

I see those all the time at work and Iv always wanted to get one home and you did it. Tip of the hat to you

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I see those all the time at work and Iv always wanted to get one home and you did it. Tip of the hat to you

Ya, I still can't believe he accepted my offer when these are BRAND NEW and they "sell" for $1200+ (as eye wash stations)

I just wish I could find someone to buy one off me for that price haha...

Now on the other side of the size spectrum. I just scored 3 of these little guys too (1 gallon Taylor ice cream syrup kegs) They're never up for sale, but when they are it's for a LOT ($100+) because they're rare, but I got them for a (all considering) fantastic price.

$_57.jpg

Now the question is what to do with them... I really wanted one for easy portability (my portable kegerator holds 6 gallons and is generally too much unless we're at a large get together or on vacation for a week) I could do a small portable with 3 taps.

Each keg is 2 growlers, or 8 pints (just under a 12 pack)

When you're driving down the road, and out of the corner of your eye you see a 20# aluminum co2 tank standing up on the side walk of a street with literally no one or house or business around it... So you snag it.

It's a Pepsi tank... I think someone couldn't swap it easy, so they dumped it...

image.jpg

If it's a beer you make frequently. Take some wort each time you make it and freeze enough to make a starter for next time.

If it's a beer you make frequently. Take some wort each time you make it and freeze enough to make a starter for next time.

I started doing this about 4 batches ago! Generally will get 1-2 quarts extra to use for priming or starters. Makes life easier...

I started doing this about 4 batches ago! Generally will get 1-2 quarts extra to use for priming or starters. Makes life easier...

I always forget the dme. One thing you can do as well is to just do like the guy above and keep some 2-row on hand ask brewsmith how much it takes to make a 1 gallon 1.035 wort and then take that and freeze it in 1-2 liter samples.

When you realize your homebrew is better than the craft brew you just opened and are drinking.

When you go to the Mexican grocery store and only buy dried hibiscus and Malta Goya (for starters). I wonder what the checker thought I was going to do with it.

When you intend to type in the URL for another site, but somehow your fingers take over and type "homebrewtalk.com" before you know what's happening.

When you fire up the xbox so you can check on your brewpi from the living room

When your first thought after fueling up and spending over $50 is "I could have either brewed a few batches or bought a used keg somewhere."

When you've emptied more than enough bottles from your pipeline to brew another beer. But finances have to wait until retiree payday. Watermelon hefe up next!:mug:

When you suddenly wake up at 3 am and realize you didn't take an FG of your Irish red while bottling last night!

You briefly entertain the idea of replacing all of the faucets in your sinks around the house with perlicks to fancy the place up.
One for cold, one for hot...and think of the customization with the tap handles!

I have been known to take vacation days to brew more then one batch of beer so I could free up the fermenters for the next payday.

I have been known to take vacation days to brew more then one batch of beer so I could free up the fermenters for the next payday.

This is the main reason I build up my vacation days! But this year, friggin' life keeps interrupting me!

Compared to last year, I'm around 9 brew days behind. That sucks!!!
And I have 14.5 days to burn for vacation. But I'm dedicated to my job.

Keep my job as long as possible, do the best I can at work,... better chances for bigger raises and that dream brewery.

That thought alone will probably keep me working longer than the others who just dream of retirement day.

pb --- When I'm not drinking I'm trying to find brewing time.
When I'm drinking,... I'm glad I found brewing time!

Keep that friggin' pipeline flowing!!!:rockin::rockin::rockin:

Back