My new pot arrived Damaged!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spin02

Reaction score
I am in the process of putting together my first all gain set up. Everything is on order and should be delivered by early next week. So yesterday my 40qt SS pot was delivered and it was dented. The dent is a little over 2" in diameter and protrudes into the pot 1/8" or so. I am really not concerned with the cosmetics, but could this dent affect the structure or performance?

I apologize for the low quality pics. I was in a hurry and had to use my Blackberry.

Damned drug dealers...when will they learn?

It won't effect performance, other than not looking as sexy. I still say get a refund or return it for a non-crappified one. You did pay the extra $1 for shipping insurance right?

If you decide to upgrade in the future, the next guy who wants to buy it from you might pay you less for a dinged up pot - send it back - assuming you bought from a quality vendor.

I ordered it from amazon.com. It should be problem to return it. I was just really hoping to use it this weekend. I'll give them a call and see what we can work out.

I ordered it from amazon.com. It should be problem to return it. I was just really hoping to use it this weekend. I'll give them a call and see what we can work out.

Send a pic and ask what they can do. Maybe they will be happy to give you a rebate?

I just contacted amazon and they are going to take care of it. No hassle at all. they are sending out a new pot today. All I have to do is return the damaged pot within 30 days and I won't be charged at all. I didn't have to secure the new order with a credit card or anything. They also took care of return shipping.

A+ for amazon customer service!

Amazon takes almost everything back without questions! It's the first place I look when needing something and I am willing to pay more because I know how easy it is to return stuff.

DUDE GO FOR THE DISCOUNT!!! Man I would love to get a mistake like that....its money in the bank

I would have gone for a substantial discount and then knocked out the ding myself. A body shop guy might have done it for you in exchange for a six pack of homebrew or maybe even butt lite. Good to hear you will be getting a no hassle replacement though.

Back