E kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfish713

Reaction score
So I have decided to go electric so I can brew in my basement and have only done one all grain batch so far about 2 years ago. New job and moving to a new house and have had little time to brew. Before that I was brewing on my stove. So my question is should I go back and use my cooler with a manifold in it and convert my keggle to electric or go e-biab. I like the idea of less equipment to clean when done but other than that i am up in the air. Right now all I have on the keggle is a ball valve. So my question is do I start over and spend money in a spikes pot for biab or take my keggle and have modified and have everything welded on it. Was thinking I would use still dragons tc 2" element housing a tc ball valve and a tc port to whirlpool / recirculate. Not sure if I would need a site glass or any holes for a temp probe. Looking at brumatic DBC1MA to control a ebrewsuppy 304 ss 5500w element. I think this would work for mashing in my cooler but not sure how a bag would get pulled out of the keggle due to the opening being smaller than the size of the keggle itself. I would think the bag would get caught on the lip. If going with the spikes kettle for biab would you have anything else welded onto it other than what I was thinking for my keggle. Any pics of your setup would be great.
Thanks Rod

I built my ebiab from scratch and would recommend doing the same to anybody.The actual build took a day,the research took a month.Saved a ton of money.
Concord 20 gallon pot with basket,will last a lifetime
No sight glass,a simple tape measure reading is all you need to figure out your volume,no ball valve,rack to FV and rinse pot in sink.Easy.

Harbor freight step bits DO work fine! keggle might be thicker metal though

I was leaning toward getting rid of keggle they are to damn heavy and the top opening is smaller than the outside making it a pain to clean always scratching my arms up

Back