side pickup vs whirlpool fitting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevea1210

Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing either the whirlppol fitting or side pickup from bargainfittings.com to replace my current pickup tube.

The current fitting I have is the copper pickup tube from bargain fittings. I got the straight one, and bent it around my pot in the same shape (roughly) as the whirlpool fitting.

Is there any advantage to using one of these over the other? I don't have a preference to one over the other, and would prefere the one that will be the most efficient. Is there any reason that using the whirlpool fitting as a pickup tube would be less than ideal?

To be clear, I will be using it as a pickup tube, mounted at the bottom of the kettle.

I have both on my boil kettle and they both do an awesome job. I am not sure how you expect to use the whirlpool fitting as a pick up but i can tell you that the side pick up tube does a great job and if you do whirlpool it prevents a lot of trub from entering the fermenter.

Chromados

Back