F**K! iPhone 4 was stolen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crlova2

Reaction score
Some a$%hole stole my iphone while I was playing basketball at a gym yesterday. It was in the pocket of my jacket right next to the court I was playing one. I don't understand people like this. I would never steal someones phone even if it was laying out in plain sight which mine wasn't.

Meh, iphone 5 will be out in 3 weeks. I'm sure it will have one more feature they intentionally left off the last version.

_

No I didn't have mobile me unfortunately. Does that tracking service work if the phone is off and/or SIM car removed?

Yes, it is free. I don't pay for a Mobile Me account and I have it. They made it free as of iOS 4.2 I think.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/find-my-iphone-setup/

Thanks for the reminder - I just did this! I use my iPhone 4 w/ an Exchange server, so I've always had remote wipe capability, but I like now having the locator service. Thanks. :mug:

Probably not. I mean there's technology, and then there's magic.
bwahahaha....
doh.gif

Does the gym have cameras? Did you call the police?

Did you sign up for the iDetonate service? The one that lets you send a signal to the phone and cause it to explode?

Or was that something I just dreamed?

Yes I immediately asked the gym if they had cameras. They do but not where my jacket was. It is a campus gym so there are hundreds of students in and out of it so if the camera wasn't right on where my jacket was there is no hope picking out who it could of been. I figured calling the police would be pointless at that point, what are they going to do? I immediately called my phone from a friend's phone and my phone had been turned off. My phone had plenty of battery and was on when I put it in my pocket so that was kind of the give away that it was definitely stolen.

Did you sign up for the iDetonate service? The one that lets you send a signal to the phone and cause it to explode?

Or was that something I just dreamed?

I actually was thinking this to my self earlier and dreaming about how awesome it would be if that was real. I have been craigslist searching for new adds for iphone 4's with my case.

Yes I immediately asked the gym if they had cameras. They do but not where my jacket was. It is a campus gym so there are hundreds of students in and out of it so if the camera wasn't right on where my jacket was there is no hope picking out who it could of been. I figured calling the police would be pointless at that point, what are they going to do? I immediately called my phone from a friend's phone and my phone had been turned off. My phone had plenty of battery and was on when I put it in my pocket so that was kind of the give away that it was definitely stolen.

File a report.

Then when this guy gets busted in six months for stealing something else and they check his apartment/ house/ box, they find your phone and go "Oh snap, this guy stole a phone, lets charge him with that too." as opposed to saying "Hey, nice phone, get in the car you stupid thief."

Or nothing could happen, but nothing is going to happen anyways by not calling them, and you are OK with that.

I would call them...

Besides which each phone has a serial number associated with it so if they try and sync it with iTunes it should show up as already registered to you.

Back