What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm loving it.

ForumRunner_20130401_213000.jpg

ForumRunner_20130401_213021.jpg

I'm addicted .

thumb2_stone-59266.jpg

Was at my local beer mecca (102 taps) and the bartender gave me the final sip of someone else's bottle, saying I had to try it. Needless to say, based on the date, I had to buy a bottle of my own.

Delicious.

20130401_211227_Hagrid_Bob.jpg

Second one is tastier.

bet it has nothing to do with the fact that I started the night out with an abt12, followed by a 10% homebrew sour saison. And now these. :drunk:

Ive really been wanting to get onto sours since I tasted La Folie and Tart Side Im a total noob to this genre so found this tonight Hope it yields some good examples!

ForumRunner_20130401_213936.jpg

Edit: contains Monks Cafe Flemish, Petrus Oud Bruin and Petrus 3 yr. Aged Pale

Ive really been wanting to get onto sours since I tasted La Folie and Tart Side Im a total noob to this genre so found this tonight Hope it yields some good examples!

That there is a great sample pack of the world of sours. Well worth the price.

View attachment 112608

Well....it's got two good beers in it. Petrus Bruin and Monks are gonna be pretty sweet compared to La Folie and (I'm assuming) Tart Side. Petrus Pale is a nice one.

A New Holland White Hatter while the sours chill. And good to hear theres a couple good ones in that pack. Excited to crack em open

ForumRunner_20130401_215635.jpg

Currently enjoying DisturbdChemist's Sour Saison. Dry and tart. Nice sour flavor without being vinegary. This is very good. I'm a huge fan of sours so this is definitely my favorite of the three styles you gave me.

View attachment 112592

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for the heads up in a PM. That was my first attempt and i was so surprised how it turned out. It tasted like crap for months then i aged it on some french oak and it got better and better. Then recarbed with champagne yeast so it'll be nice and bubbly. I only have two bottles left of it and going to be sad once its gone but i just checked and my spontaneous fermented beer has pecille on it :ban:. The 5 gals of the buddahs brew sour dregs (golden sour) hasnt formed pecille yet but i'm sure it will i just hope there is no vinegar formed in it though. :rockin:

Until next trade!:tank:

Old Rasputin. This stuff is great! I was going to have a Goose Island 312, but my taste buds have taken a beating tonight. I would think about calling it quits, but I've been craving another Belhaven on nitro....

Ok first one! Monks Cafe Flemish Sour Ale. Pretty sour up front a little brown ale coming through but almost a vinegary finish.

ForumRunner_20130401_225552.jpg

Where did you snag that?

A rye IIPA followed by a 12oz pour of 13%abv Gerwurztraminer. If you can pronounce it, you haven't had enough...

Swarley88 said:
Those words for sure ain't in my vocab.

My wife just pointed out to me that I drink something(beer, wine, bourbon etc.) every single day. My first reaction was "No I don't" but after thinking about it, yes, yes I do.

My wife just pointed out to me that I drink something(beer, wine, bourbon etc.) every single day. My first reaction was "No I don't" but after thinking about it, yes, yes I do.

Hell my fiancee asks if somethings wrong if I havent had my daily brew. BTW this Monks Flemish is really good

WesleyS said:

And we have the Internet to prove it ;) basically if I don't really enjoy my beer I don't count it as alcohol consumed.

bottlebomber said:
And we have the Internet to prove it ;) basically if I don't really enjoy my beer I don't count it as alcohol consumed.

That's the best quote ever!
"How can I be drunk? I haven't had any good beer yet!"

bottlebomber said:

You can't prove a thing!! ;)
I would use you're method, but it's rare that I don't enjoy what I'm drinking so it wouldn't work. I think a better method might be to open at least couple bottles and pour them in a big glass. That would only count as one. Right?

This my friends is where its at! Petrus 3yr Aged Pale. Nice light lacto nose, sharp sour start on the palate but smooth stone fruity sour finish. A fantastic beer! And my favorite so far.

ForumRunner_20130402_000252.jpg

My DIPA....this came out sooooooo good. Better than any IPAs I've had in a while. Tropical Fruity goodness and 90 ibus to boot. 9% doesn't even HINT at coming through

ForumRunner_20130402_002137.jpg

Chuu said:
My DIPA....this came out sooooooo good. Better than any IPAs I've had in a while. Tropical Fruity goodness and 90 ibus to boot. 9% doesn't even HINT at coming through

That's great! I feel the same way about my DIPA I just brewed. It's been in the keg for almost two weeks and it just blows me away every time I pull a sample. It feels good to nail on the head exactly what I was looking for the first try. Cheers!

That's great! I feel the same way about my DIPA I just brewed. It's been in the keg for almost two weeks and it just blows me away every time I pull a sample. It feels good to nail on the head exactly what I was looking for the first try. Cheers!

Exactly what I'm thinking! I brewed this for my girlfriend because she like Jai Alai, two hearted and Hoptimum. So I went out on a limb and made my first ever recipe: a DIPA w/ Citra and Galaxy and this is stellar. This right here is what makes home brewing so amazing. Next time I'll throw some cascade or simcoe at flame out to give it a slight dankness to cut the sweet and it will be the beat DIPA/IIPA I've ever had.

Back