Patience is a virtue I suppose.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S2X01

Reaction score
Well..... I officially have my first batch in the fermenter!!

Bubbling away like crazy this morning.....pitched my yeast around 5 last night.

Now the waiting part :mad: Almost a month just to see if it's even any good? Damn. This waiting thing is gonna take some getting used to.

I would like to thank everyone here who has posted lots of info. I know I didn't ask any qusetions....but I obtained a crap-load of info from here.

So.....THANKS!

Congratulations on your first brew. Waiting is really hard but the beer will be much better for it. To fill some of that wait time, read lots of what has been posted here. Look at the various homebrew websites and think about what kind of beer you would like next. Check out the price of a fermenter bucket and airlock to see if you can afford another. Plan where to put it when you get it. Buy the fermenter bucket and airlock and choose another recipe kit and start your next brew. Look for pop of top bottles so you will have bottles to fill. Plan your next brew. Choose the next recipe to brew for your third brew.....

+1. Getting a good pipeline started is key to reducing the patience factor, as there is always something to do with one of the brews you have going.

Yeah...I'm probably gonna transfer to a carboy in a week....and while it's in secondary for another week....I might have to fill my primary back up!

Im gonna need a garage fridge eventually :D

I agree with Ace Club on the pipeline. Once you get more beer in kegs or bottles than you can drink without some help, the time that it takes for the others to do their magic goes away. I think the hardest part is waiting on that first beer. I have enough on tap that it's no big deal waiting 6 to 8 weeks or longer on the beer I brewed yesterday. There has been some times when the supply reached a critical level though. When I got married I served my beer for a party that we had. I had to do some serious brewing in the next couple of weeks to get back to that comfort level.. It's amazing how much beer you can go through when a bunch of your buddies start tapping your kegs.. LOL.. Have fun brewing, and it will be worth the wait I promise.

What is this secondary business? ;) Seriously no one does secondaries anymore. Just leave it in primary until you're ready to bottle/keg. Get a 2nd pail and get brewin! A batch should last you at least a couple weeks unless you hit it real hard.

Back