Whats your favorite food with a beer???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on the beer:

Lighter or hoppy beer (Pilsner, APA) I like with something super spicy like Lamb Vindaloo

Darker beers (Stout, IPA) I prefer to have something meaty like a burger or a steak

Sweet/yeasty beers like belgians or bocks go great with pasta or tapas.

Depends on the combo, but generally I like beer with spicy food and for more hearty stuff I prefer wine and then beer after I'm done eating.

I love drinking a nice hoppy American Amber or an ESB with pizza for whatever reason. The twang and spiciness of the sauce and pepperoni compliment the beer beautifully.

I've seen some great answers: BBQ, wings, burgers, steaks, cheese.

But I'm frankly shocked that in nine pages no one has mentioned chili.

Nothing beats a spicy, steaming bowl of chili and a nice beer.

no, the correct answer is pizza, especially chicago stlye pizza. :ban:
I actually don't care for beer with my pizza..*gasp*

Here's why: A properly made pizza will feature cured meat and pickled vegetables, this results in a pizza so salty that if I didn't have at least one gallon of water to wash it down with I would simply die of dehydtation. I'll have my beer before and after the pizza thank you very much.

Pizza, or really anything with a savory melty cheese: IPA, APA (basically anything hoppy for me)

Russian Imperial Stout, Porter, Oatmeal Stouts etc with Cakes, Cookies, Desserts.

And I have to say when I was in London, there was absolutely no substitute for Fish and Chips and a pint of bitter pulled from a cask, or anything pulled from the cask for that matter.

My favorite afternoon snack is chocolate chip cookies and beer! Not kidding.

Other than that, you can't beat a big 'ol gnarly greasy cheeseburger with a lighter ale or lager.

Pizza and beer were made for each other, but I'm known to enjoy a nice sturdy Shiraz or Zinfandel with a slice or five of pepperoni.

I really can't think of anything I wouldn't enjoy with the right beer.

:mug:

I had an outstanding chocolate fondue, last night, accompanied by a Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout. That was some good stuff.

That beer, and those similar to it, also go very well with Girl Scout Thin Mints.

TL

There is nothing better than smoking some meat on the charcoal beer and throwing back a few homebrews. Football on the TV ususally intensifies the flavor of the 2 as well. I plan on doing that all day tomorrow.

I just finished a roast beef sandwich (sirloin tip fresh out of the oven) and had it just with bread, butter, and black pepper with a Tsingtao to wash it down. That's a very nice beer with food.

There are so many nice beers I want to make but I'm just a silly noob who hasn't even made his first one yet :)

My absolute favorite, the correct answer, and the king of beer foods to me.....

Schnitzel! Rahm schnitzel, wiener schnitzel, schnitzel schnitzel schnitzel. So delicious. In addition, I almost always start this meal off with a soft, warm pretzel and beer-cheese dip and eat the schnitzel with spätzle.

Some of my other best pairing to eat with beer in not particular order:
Bratwurst
Chicken (I have never liked fish, sue me) and chips
Steak and kidney pie
Shepherd's pie
and lastly Metbretchen for those morning beers!

I love salty peanuts with almost any brew. I really like a double IPA with spicy food, like curry..might as well just kill my tastebuds all together.

On pretty much the opposite note, I really enjoy a maltier sweet, southern english brown with hot buffalo wings......

Pretty much the only thing that I don't like beer with is my cigars...I have yet to brew anything that can withstand the strong flavors of a nice maduro.

Always trying to find that elusive pulled pork sandwich. I am hooked on Hale's ales here in Seattle because of their pork sandwich. The super tasty cream ales and the red menace don't help.

BBQ, pizza, sushi, Thai, schwinebraten, jagerschnitzel... Damn, now I'm not just thirsty, but hungry too! Regards, GF.

My favorite style of beer is red/amber ale. With this, I absolutely love BBQ ribs.
My next favorite style is stout (Guiness or St.Ambroise Oatmeal.) Not sure what food works best with this type. More ribs? Steak? Another stout? (they say it's a meal in itself) :D

Latest posts

Back