time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was my wifes drink. I had a sip and ill have to admit I liked it, but it was kind of like drinking Cherry Clan candy - super sweet and fruity, no malt presence whatsoever. And to make matter worse, she loved it so now I have to figure out how to brew the crap. I should just show her some Brett pictures and tell her that's what its going to look like to try and get her to drop it.

i'm not a fan of those ones, but i don't drink or eat anything sweet. i've read that they're regular lambic's that are just pasteurized and backsweetened. seems like a whole lotta work and time for something like that. tell her you'll make a batch, it'll take two years before she can drink it, and that since it'll be a first attemp, it might not turn out great.

bottlebomber said:
It was my wifes drink. I had a sip and ill have to admit I liked it, but it was kind of like drinking Cherry Clan candy - super sweet and fruity, no malt presence whatsoever. And to make matter worse, she loved it so now I have to figure out how to brew the crap. I should just show her some Brett pictures and tell her that's what its going to look like to try and get her to drop it.

Lol! That is my favorite too! But I'm apprehensive to intentionally contaminate my set up to wait a year or more to drink something. I may start one in the fall...

Bing! Wow first shot... it does look pretty distinct.

yikes. i forgot about this thread. lots going on in the past few days. now lets see if i can add a picture...

DSC00194.jpg

as for the hint. it's a commercial beer, but a style that's hard to find in the US ( at least in my experience)

no to all. time for another clue. homembrewers, and the commercial brewery in this case use a different process to make this beer than the traditional methods.

I dunno why it was so easy... I could see the right amount of dark grain, and oatmeal, even on my phone screen. I keep plenty of pictured too, but here's an easy one. This is an ale, but has many lager characteristics. Any haze you see is condensation.

ForumRunner_20110901_093742.jpg

saisonette.jpg

Ok, This is BEER

The picture is of a hydrometer sample, so it is not carbonated.

Hint (you will need it): This is the original version of this style

Im going to be picky with answers, sorry!

additional hint (because my first was not enough):

The newer, modern day style is much higher in alcohol content.

good luck

Back