keging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no. not unless you pressurise it first.. otherwise any carbonation that takes place will leak out. corny's dont seal that great without pressure

I don't add any priming sugar to my kegs. The way I see it, you have a CO2 tank so use it to carbonate (two week set and forget is damned easy and reliable) and then serve. Using priming sugar to carbknate also means you'll also need to shorten the dip tube so that you don't get the trub you generated. IMO not worth the hassle. Besides with carbonating via gas you can dial it in pretty exact. Much more so than when adding sugar.

on the set it and forget it for 2 weeks what do you set your pressure at?

Serving pressure... Use this chart to figure out what PSI to set it to... Also, use 1 foot of 3/16" ID beer line per 1psi of pressure the keg is on/under. You can get away with a few PSI on either side without issue. If your psi is lower, that's fine. I just wouldn't go more than a few psi over the hose length. Such as 12psi on 10 feet of line. Also, I would use Bevlex every time, not the cheap stuff from Home Depot or Lowes. Get proper beer line for the beer to go through. It's NOT all that much per foot. I make it a point to have a good amount on hand, not in use, at all times. I do the same with 5/16" gas line. Never know when you're going to want some of either.

Latest posts

Back