Raspberries into primary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jersh

Reaction score
So I have a raspberry ale in process, this is my first time attempting a fruit beer... Brewday was 10 days ago and it's down to what I believe is the correct FG, so it's time for me to add the raspberries.... It seems that every post I've read about adding raspberries is adding them to a secondary after racking from primary. My problem is the only secondary vessel I have available is a 5 gallon BetterBottle, so I'm concerned that I won't have enough room in there for my beer and 50 oz of raspberries. So I'm thinking I'm just going to leave the beer in the primary on it's yeast cake and add the raspberries to that... Is this a bad idea? I don't see why not.... I do plan on doing bulk aging in a tertiary for an additional 4-6 weeks after I rack off the raspberries.

I've done all my fruit beers with fruit in the primary after fermentation completes. No issues at all.

Be sure to use a blow off tube. I have already seen a couple pics of razzberries go boom!

Yeah that's already taken care of.... SWMBO would NOT be happy if I painted the ceiling with red beer!

Back