I'm a Homebrewing MACHINE!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirsloop

Reaction score
What a day!! I got a 7.9 gallon primary in the mail today with a belgiun wit and dunkelweizen kit, with white labs liquid yeast for both batches. The lid and airlock for my 6.5 gallon primary was tied up with my German Chocolate Stout in the secondary fermenter, so I bottled that up. Started out the night by taking labels off 18 bottles, then racked the stout into my bottling bucket and capped off 50 bottles.

I really wanted to get these two new batches started asap cause my oatmeal stout isnt gonna last too long... too good . The Belgiun Wit is a Blue Moon clone with Coriander Seed, Orange Peel, and Saaz Hops for aroma. The second batch was a Dunkelwiezen beer. I used Tettnang bittering hops, and Hall Hersbrucker Hops for Aroma. Both batches got pitched with Whits Labs Belgiun Wit, and Hefeweizen yeast (respectively). I'll probably toss the dunkel ale in the secondary after about a week, bottle it in 2 weeks, and put the belgiun wit in secondary after bottling the dunkel.

Sooo... I drank like 7 homebrew Oatmeal Stouts tonight and i'm feeling all f***ed up. I bottled 2+ cases of 7.75% ABV german chocolate stout, and made 11 gallons worth of beer that will be ready in another month. I kicked ass!! :rockin: :rockin:

Thats what I call a homebrewer high ;)

Its better than... herm... besides homebrew, any drug I've done... well... most of any drugs I've done :cross:

I used to be obsessesed with really high alcohol brews.. Now I brew more for flavor... I try to have a supply of at least 4 types to be actively drinking which after months of keeping 3 carboys always working is down to now I brew a couple times a month

Sounds like you were busy. I have not been able to brew that much this summer with other committments. This fall will be a different story, however. I have 1.5 month layover between the end of my current class and the start of my next one, and a bunch of work projects will be done, so I hope to build up a nice inventory to cruise into the winter with.

I retire from the Military this year with 110days of saved vacation time, I can't legally work for my next employer (government contractor) until 60 days prior to my actual release date.. Damn the Bad luck of having 6 weeks with nothing to do but brew.

Congrats on your retirement! I just got out myself. Didn't quite put my 20 in, but had 3 months of leave to brew. Best part is, even when you start working again you'll have more brewing time than you did before. Cheers.

Back