White pieces in my secondary???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pingi

Reaction score
After 10 days in my primary, I racked my Honey Blonde into my secondary. Now, 5 days later, there are large white pieces floating up and down in my secondary. They seem to be getting more numerous by the day.Is my beer trash?Is it sick? Should I just wait and see if they fall? HELP!!

Just yeast floaties. Sometimes when you rack it gets them all excited and they jump around for a while. They will eventually settle back down to the bottom.

Welcome to HBT!

They are big, like the size of pretzel salt. I thought yeast cell were micropscopic. I've just started brewing again after a 7yr hiatus. Its my first batch since 01, and maybe I'm just freaking out, like its my first baby! I appreciate any advice.

We told you it is yeast....When you racked you kicked some fermentation into action, plus there's co2 moving stuff around....if you open a pack of dry yeast (or bread yeast) the stuff is about the size of pretzel salt...You are fine...you just have an infection...of the brain. It's called n00bitus. If you need reassurance, go read some of my blogs.

rdwhahb1.jpg

Stepaway_copy.jpg

:D

Hey Revvy,
How am I supposed to insert that hydrometer thingy into the tube full of wart?

Latest posts

Back