Anyone have an extra 5/8 SS fender washer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zonabb

Reaction score
Yes, I looked everywhere and can't get the Boo Radley of brewing parts: the 5/8 SS fender washer.

If anyone has one or even two and would sell them to me, let me know.

Or is there an online retailer I can buy one from, not any entire box!

I thought about doing that, except I couldn't find one after reading they were available. What I did find was a 1/2 nylon washer and am going to posted to get some feedback on using that after drilling it out?

i couldn't find one either, so i just didn't use one!

haven't had a single drop leak out yet. May want to give it a try.

mcmaster.com has these slick babies... 94709A526
Neoprene-Bonded 18-8 SS Sealing Washer 5/8" Screw Size, .650" ID, 1-3/16" OD
In stock at $8.77 per Pack

It has a gasket built in. Seems promising.

I also bought a 1/2" SS washer and used my step bit to make it bigger. I clamped just the end in my vise at the 6 o'clock position and then used a pair of Vise grips at the 4 o'clock of the washer to keep it from wanting to rotate with the bit.

zonabb said:
I thought about doing that, except I couldn't find one after reading they were available. What I did find was a 1/2 nylon washer and am going to posted to get some feedback on using that after drilling it out?

I had to look in every drawer that had the stainless steal washers in then I think they just thow the large ones anywhere as I found them with the lockwashers. I got the 1/2 and just used a rat tail file to make it fit.I'll take a look tonight to see if I have a leftover.

I'm interested in building a MLT but I too can not find the 5/8" fender. However my lowes has SS 5/8" flat washers. Does anyone know if these will work because me building this thing hinges on whether I can find these babies.

theclarkster85 said:
I'm interested in building a MLT but I too can not find the 5/8" fender. However my lowes has SS 5/8" flat washers. Does anyone know if these will work because me building this thing hinges on whether I can find these babies.

yes Fender washer is a term used for larger washers that are zinc coated or SS

I ment yes it will work.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=23008&page=33

you can see the washers I used they were 1/2 inch SS that I just reamed out the whole to fit . All the package said was "SS Flat washer"

As you can see I didnt use them on the inside just on the outside to shim the valve away from the cooler body ... I could have used plain washers but I already had them and wasnt making another trip to Lowes

I kinda thought they would work but to be on the safe side I ordered a couple fender washers from Fastenal.com. They sold them buy the piece SS are $1.40 and the zinc ones are $.20 pc. You can also buy all the parts for the MLT there too. My shipping cost was more than the washers but with the price of gas It should save me some time and effort.

Don't know if this will help anybody, but my 5/8 SS washer search finally came to an end!

I was at Home Depot and after looking through the drawers for about 30 minutes with no luck, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a "bolt kit" hanging on a rack. It's in a small plastic package with an orange label and has four SS 5/8 nuts, fender washers and lock washers. It think it was about $4.

Edit: Now that I'm home, here's some more info: It's called "Create-A-Bolt" by Crown Bolt Inc. Product number 00692.

Latest posts

Back