Tonight is gonna be a nice night.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
After 4 test today, went by the good old Beer store. Got some new beers to try and finally found some mead. Probably wont get to the mead,:eek: going on 3 hours of sleep. Anyone had this mead before, Im hoping its a decent one. This was the one the lady recommended at the store.
8404-DSCF0407.JPG

Think im gonna start off with this new Belgian beer I found, never seen it before. Scaldis Dubuiss.

Scaldis Dubuiss,---- poured a nice amber orange color, Head quickly went away, leaving a nice lacing. This thing smells great, Sweet lots of fruit aroma going on, Taste is amazing, one of the better Belgians I have had, just a slight alcohol bit, but for 12% its not bad at all. Very nice beer, wish I would have got a few more. Warming up the alcohol is really stating to come through, mainly in the smell.

Brewer3401 said:
Looks like you have a good night ahead of you. I'm partial to Spaten Doppelbock though.
You need some brats to go with that.

I wish, I can't do sausage, my stomach will not let me eat them. Had a lean cuisine, probably not a good choice with all these beers to drink.

Great selection! Paulaner Marzen is one of my favorite commercial brews and by far my favorite octoberfest/marzen.

I'm working on some Shiner Dunkelweizen, and have some Arrogant Bastard, Longhammer and Two Hearted I might get to as well.

Just opened up the marzen, not too impressed, saint Arnold's marzen is better than this one and Bernie Brewer's marzen is way way better. Just seems kind of bland for a marzen, nothing sticks out. The Optimator was decent, smelled like a chocolate bar.

I hope you liked the optimator. I bought one once, and while it was mostly good, it had so much diacytl in it it was like drinking buttered popcorn. I'm hoping it was just that bottle though...

eviltwinofjoni said:
I hope you liked the optimator. I bought one once, and while it was mostly good, it had so much diacytl in it it was like drinking buttered popcorn. I'm hoping it was just that bottle though...

Did not taste any Diacytl flavor , it was good just not anything special. This 471 is with out a dought the best IPA I have ever had.

Oh yeah and im a light weight anymore, Im already drunk.

eviltwinofjoni said:
OPTIMATOR My second and somtimes my favorite commerical brew out there. I would REALLY like to get a clone recipe for that beer
JJ

Jaybird said:
Cheers I just PM'd him with a couple of ??? how did you like that beer in comparison to the Spaten or the Salivator
JJ

Way,, way better. It is an amazing beer. One of the best beers I have ever had. Me and my roommate where blown away by it. If I could lager I would have already brewed it. :rockin:

Ryanh1801 said:
Way,, way better. It is an amazing beer. One of the best beers I have ever had. Me and my roommate where blown away by it. If I could lager I would have already brewed it. :rockin:
Done... its on the list
Belgian
Blonde
Bock
see a pattern??
cheers
JJ
by the way where did you get the beer you had??

I'm embarrassed to show pictures of what I drank in college. :) Of course, I didn't really have the palette or the $ to drink anything good.

4 tests, what a day -- but it sounds like you found a great way to end the day. Cheers!

ohiobrewtus said:
Great selection! Paulaner Marzen is one of my favorite commercial brews and by far my favorite octoberfest/marzen.

I'm working on some Shiner Dunkelweizen, and have some Arrogant Bastard, Longhammer and Two Hearted I might get to as well.

I had a Paulaner Marzen for the first time the other day........it was amazing.....

DaveyBoy said:
I'm embarrassed to show pictures of what I drank in college. :) Of course, I didn't really have the palette or the $ to drink anything good.

4 tests, what a day -- but it sounds like you found a great way to end the day. Cheers!

Ill still have the cheap stuff. 4 hours of sleep is sucking right now.:(

Ryanh1801 said:
The Optimator was decent, smelled like a chocolate bar.

Really? I always thought Optimator had just a touch of rotting corpse aroma as well. Seriously....I think it smells bad. I still buy it, though. :D

The stuff I'm having right now isn't worth bragging about. Tecate, Steel Reserve, and a little Nighttrain for that last kidney punch after the senses get dull.

Back