first batch bottled,hell yea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bull

Reaction score
Well its almost midnight where we are at ,my son and i just got through bottleing our first ever batch of beer ,its coopers real ale ,we brewed it on the first day of this month ,we racked to the secondary on the 9th,and when the bottles and the caps and the capper came in to day we just just couldnt stand ,we bottled it ,oh yea ,,dont be affraid of flavor my man ,,lmao,i know this because we went over to a friends house and got just a little bit drunk on the same beer ,so ,,hope it goes well ,,it sure will be cool ,me and my son,,brew masters ,of the extract,lol,,:mug:,oh its 11:51 pm ,,05/15/2007

Okay, now if you can help it don't even TOUCH those bottles for three weeks. But I know you won't be able to help yourself, so wait at least two weeks, then try one, then another in three weeks, then drink it slow, because it'll keep getting better for weeks after that.

But this is your first batch, so you won't listen :p I remember that well.

Enjoy!

Congrats, I can't wait for my first bottling day....seems so far away!

thanks for the feed back,lmao,its about10:00 am here ,and my head hurts quit less than i thought it would ,iguess by not haveing to drink as much home brew compared to store bought ,,,maybe maybe not ,i will have to found out in about two to three weeks ,,i have a brewmaster version of coopers me and my son are going to brew up tonight ..wife seems concerned about me going to become an alcoholic ,lmao,i told her ,hey if ya dont get that next batch started ,,well ,its a lonnnnnnngggg wait.happy home brewing .

There seems to be a problem with your ,,,, key. It keeps going off in random places, Just Kidding.

Congrats on the beer. It's an addicting habit. Both making it and drinking it. :cross:

Congrats on your first beer!

and my head hurts quit less than i thought it would ,iguess by not haveing to drink as much home brew compared to store bought

In "Joy of Home Brewing" Papazian explains that part of a hangover is due to a lack of the Vitamin B complex (among dehydration and maybe others?), and because the yeast in home brew create the Vitamin B complex home brew actually replenishes your body's losses due to drinking. therefore you can drink many more homebrews without a hang over in the morning. He then explains that if you want more of the Vitamin B complex in your diet the cheapest way to do so is by mixing yeast with water and drinking.

cheers,
Jake

Back