Windows Server 2008 UI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageSteve

Reaction score
The Windows Server 2008 user interface is an abomination of nature. What were they thinking? Seriously. :mad:

Just had to get that off my chest.

-Steve

It takes some getting used to just like anything else, but once you do it's actually pretty intuitive.

Looks like vista, acts like Vista, sucks like Vista.
I'll keep 2003.

Of course, that's what I said with Win98 when that crap Millenium came out.

I have my servers at home running Server03 and I really have no complaints except I noticed that when I was learning group policies that fixing up a screw up was a real PITA. It has some other annoyances that I run into from time to time but I still like 03. I have a domain set up at home with a DC and a RRAS and have not had too many annoying issues.

Looks like vista, acts like Vista, sucks like Vista.
I'll keep 2003.

Of course, that's what I said with Win98 when that crap Millenium came out.

actually, its infinitely better than Vista.

its like Vista without the extra crap...so it actually runs smooth. in fact it runs better in VMWare than XP Pro!

I don't use my Vista, period, unless I have to. 08 server isn't bad..its the 'different' stuff that annoys me.

Have you seen Windows 7?

wait... windows and server in the same sentence... what are you thinking?

actually, its infinitely better than Vista.

its like Vista without the extra crap...so it actually runs smooth. in fact it runs better in VMWare than XP Pro!

I don't use my Vista, period, unless I have to. 08 server isn't bad..its the 'different' stuff that annoys me.

Have you seen Windows 7?

I had trouble with MOBO drivers on my latest XP install (MOBO company went out of business) and I loaded Win7 on a spare drive to try it out and it loaded all drivers correctly. It's much like Vista, except I've had no issues with it so far. I eventually just wiped my XP and loaded Win7 on in it's place.

The UI is a bit different, since I never really got a handle on that crappy Vista. So I have a bit to learn. But it's been working fine with everything I've loaded onto it.

Latest posts

Back