New Problem... beer goes bang

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texaviator23

Reaction score
This is my 5th batch an thus far no bombs.... as of last night three bottles have gone off... what causes this? The beer is awesome I don't want to waste anymore :)

Fridge immediately with bag around them in case more blow. Good chance if more than 1 blow, they all are looking to blow. I would say bottled too early is most common prob if you have never had this prob before.

You might also want to vent them and let out some of that pressure.

But not if you actually have exploding bottles -- could be dangerous.

Kayos said:
Fridge immediately with bag around them in case more blow. Good chance if more than 1 blow, they all are looking to blow. I would say bottled too early is most common prob if you have never had this prob before.

Its a creamy dark, It was in primary for 9 days and secondary for 4 1/2 weeks it was in the bottle for a week when the tap a draft started to spew... I put it in the fridge and started partaking... it was AWESOME.... then the bottles started to go, now all the bottles are all in the fridge an not exploding, but its got a weird bitter taste to it now.

with the pressure increase and change in taste i am thinking an infection of some type.
i am no expert so hopefully someone experienced with this will chime in.

Back