What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's in Houston? I've had to fly to Vegas 3 times in the last 18 months for bachelor parties. Talk about spending a **** load of money. Just had a water with dinner. About to choose a random beer out of the fridge.

There's plenty in Houston, but we're actually heading up to Austin for the bachelor party. I have zero clue what we'll be doing in Austin 'cause I don't know anything about Austin besides the fact that Jester King is there, but it's a college city with a purported awesome bar scene on Sixth St.

You're coming at a good time. Next week is Houston Beer week :rockin:

Remmy. There is a lot in Houston. me, Wes and Beer.. lots of beer

Yeah, like I said... Austin, but I will be back Friday so I will be able to check some things out when I get back.

Austin is awesome. I remember going into a bar for lunch around noon, getting blasted with three UT alumni chicks and leaving the bar around 8 to go to another bar and little did I know the ****ing street was like Mardi Gras. Everything was blocked off by cops and I suddenly found myself in the biggest cocktail party in the US fooking A that night.

6th Street. Just do it.

Wait! What's this?
Is this an Oerbier? And it's not Gabes? ;)

image-583104494.jpg

NIZZLE said:
Ya I wasn't a fan it was ok but way over priced IMO.

Overpriced? Never seen it on shelves I have only had it on draft but it was only five bucks. I was pleasantly surprised by it since I have such low expectations for the brewery.

There's plenty in Houston, but we're actually heading up to Austin for the bachelor party. I have zero clue what we'll be doing in Austin 'cause I don't know anything about Austin besides the fact that Jester King is there, but it's a college city with a purported awesome bar scene on Sixth St.

Yeah, like I said... Austin, but I will be back Friday so I will be able to check some things out when I get back.

Oh alright. Go to Austin beer guide website and you can find breweries, bars, and store. Plus they will have their times they open too

Has anyone else had this? It has a weird taste to it. I'm not sure if it's intentional or accidental, but I don't like it.

ForumRunner_20131106_180418.jpg

WesleyS said:
Wait! What's this? Is this an Oerbier? And it's not Gabes? ;)

No, not mine. I'd it was mine it would be in my new glass.

image-3846354162.jpg

Instead I'm drinking gingersnap vodka and cider. I've got 6 batches conditioning and one will be ready in a week and another the week after. Rest are all 6 weeks plus out.

Drinking what has lovingly been nicknamed the poop cider. Tastes great but there's still a sulphur nose on it. I'm too impatient to let it mellow. Besides, I need the keg for the next batch. Gotta take the bad with the good.

ChefRex said:
And I got a couple in the fridge, point being? I don't see it open.
And no i'm not opening tonight:mug:

I was just messing with Gabe because he posts about this beer often.

TNGabe said:
No, not mine. I'd it was mine it would be in my new glass.

Instead I'm drinking gingersnap vodka and cider. I've got 6 batches conditioning and one will be ready in a week and another the week after. Rest are all 6 weeks plus out.

The cap says it was bottled September 2012. What's your opinion? Should I drink one whenever and let another age or would it be a waste to drink one this soon?

WesleyS said:
The cap says it was bottled September 2012. What's your opinion? Should I drink one whenever and let another age or would it be a waste to drink one this soon?

There's a lot of batch variance, but the newer ones I have are June '12 and I doubt I'll open another until this time next year.

Holy fooooooking sheet I'm done making beer until I have the fooooooking right god damn equipment og was supposed to be 1.085 and it was 1.040 ****ing bull**** might as well dump it down the fooooooking drain :mad: :mad: I ****ing hate BIAB :mad :mad fooooooking super
:mad:

TNGabe said:
There's a lot of batch variance, but the newer ones I have are June '12 and I doubt I'll open another until this time next year.

Thanks. I'll definitely age them. I might drink one at some point just so I can see how it changed. Maybe.

NIZZLE said:
Holy fooooooking sheet I'm done making beer until I have the fooooooking right god damn equipment og was supposed to be 1.085 and it was 1.040 ****ing bull**** might as well dump it down the fooooooking drain :mad: :mad: I ****ing hate BIAB :mad :mad fooooooking super

Sorry man. I'd just roll with it and see what happens.
Might not be as strong as you wanted, but it'll be beer.

Don't go hitting anything!:D

NIZZLE said:
Holy fooooooking sheet I'm done making beer until I have the fooooooking right god damn equipment og was supposed to be 1.085 and it was 1.040 ****ing bull**** might as well dump it down the fooooooking drain :mad: :mad: I ****ing hate BIAB :mad :mad fooooooking super :mad:

I've only done BIAB for starter wort, but I've always overshot gravity. Take a look at your process.

WesleyS said:
Thanks. I'll definitely age them. I might drink one at some point just so I can see how it changed. Maybe.

Drink one now if you've never had it. Already a year in the bottle.

That's horrible. What could you have done wrong? That's incredibly low for what you should get.

That's a good beer right there

Damn right. I missed the wet ipa. Good stuff. Wish I could get it here.

I thought BIAB would be easier. Now I'm scared to try it.

Drinking apfelwein after making another batch, gonna add cinnamon sticks after a few weeks :)

Delicious!

Drinking HB Amber and realizing that turning to a terrible friend is worse than not having a friend to turn to. :(

Latest posts

Back