Oxi Clean

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernie3

Reaction score
Does the Oxi Clean you all use look like a powdered laundry detergent?? Or are there different kinds? I was at Home Depot today and almost bought it but wasn't sure if it was the right stuff...came in a box?? I am going to have to sanitize some bottles soon as my first batch is ready to be bottled......Thanks in advance:mug:

I used the yellow lidded stuff, which works fine. And just like the other stuff if you rinse the crap out of it, no left over smells.

Does the Oxi Clean you all use look like a powdered laundry detergent??

I'm pretty sure it... is powdered laundry detergent :p

I just bought a tub of it a couple days ago from Walmart, like $8 for 4 lbs. Pretty good deal.

white power with no smell...

Try not to get the regular version of Oxyclean... well, it has chlorine...
You will get a chlorine smell after clean... it takes a lot of rinse to remove the scent...just beware.

look for Oxyclean "Free".

As for quantity, I just dump in what feels right.

Oxiclean Versitale Works Great! 15lb box at costco for about $15

As Far as The Crystals...many people said it doesnt matter.

I just want to make sure you do understand that oxi clean isn't a sanitizer, you can use it to clean the bottles, but you still have to sanitize afterword.

No, I did not realize that............it sure is a good thing I posted the question. Thank you.

I love using Oxy-Clean Free. PB is a great product, but if it came in a tub as cheap as Ox then I would swap back. Ox leaves a powdery film with my cleaning water and so I require a vinegar water soak for absolute cleaning, but other than that I love the stuff.

Back